Thread: Is it possible to run my PC through a TV rather than a monitor?

1. Is it possible to run my PC through a TV rather than a monitor?

Just wondering cos when my dad finally gets rid of our family comp, I'm gonna snap it up for MAME. It would be much easier for me if I could run the thing on my Telly rather than have another monitor in my cramped room. Ta.

Yes.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. Yes, as Mzo so eloquently put, but you'll need a video card with video out. Simple as that.

4. and you'll want one with at least an s-video out. composite is horrid.

5. Excellent stuff. Thanks for the help.

lithium Guest
    Eh, it's all horrid. Don't expect to do anything other than low res gaming. Actually using Windows on a tv is nasty.

Yes, even S-video looks terrible for anything PC-ish...

LUCKILY he wants to run emus through it. Should be fine. I ran that domo-kun game through my TV, and it was perfect. WISE FWOM YO GWAVE!
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. I have an HTPC running on my set-up with a cheapy S-Video out card. Works great for any emus, and video/mp3 playback (check out MYHTPC).

The desktop is usable on a good TV, at 640x480...anything else is unwatchable. But I see your in London, and you lucky folks TVs over there have SCART connectors, and ive heard great things about the arcadevga, you can run RGB from that card at 15Khz
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin