Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For all you TNLers with significant others

1. For all you TNLers with significant others

Outta curiosity, how did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband/whatever? I've been getting tired of the whole "alone" thing lately, and am finding it very dificult to find women I can stand being around. There are more than enough hot ladies. Cool chicks are in short supply though. In the past two years Ive meet all of two women who I really like and would consider a long term relationship with. One is my ex, and the other is m friends lady. Both are off limits. I've noticed that all the women Ive meet have been either through friends, or work(retail has certain advantages). Since I dont work retail anymore, that avenue has been cut off. There has been no parties/clubs/shows around here lately that suit me. So I dunno what to do. Im just curious how diffrent people have met the people they like.

Z-roe
    A is for action

2. Re: For all you TNLers with significant others

Originally posted by Z-roe
    Outta curiosity, how did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband/whatever? I've been getting tired of the whole "alone" thing lately, and am finding it very dificult to find women I can stand being around. There are more than enough hot ladies. Cool chicks are in short supply though. In the past two years Ive meet all of two women who I really like and would consider a long term relationship with. One is my ex, and the other is m friends lady. Both are off limits. I've noticed that all the women Ive meet have been either through friends, or work(retail has certain advantages). Since I dont work retail anymore, that avenue has been cut off. There has been no parties/clubs/shows around here lately that suit me. So I dunno what to do. Im just curious how diffrent people have met the people they like.

Z-roe
    I've been with the same girl since November 1999 - so two and a half years. She was in my Linguistics 121 class, hadn't really talked to her at all in the first two months of the semester. The day before our precis for the paper at the semester was due, I walked down to the library so I could figure out a topic. I ran into something like 4 or 5 girls on that one walk, really strange, I'd walk 200 feet, stop to talk to someone, leave, keep walking, 20 seconds later I'd run into someone else.

Got to the library, ran into the girl I'm with now, just talked for a while - she asked me if I wanted to go have dinner with her, I'd already eaten, but I took her e-mail. We exchanged a couple of e-mails, she asked me to go to a Bob Dylan concert, and I didn't go, for some reason - I can't remember why. She must've felt like I was avoiding her, which was probably a good idea, as far as building her interest. Another week or so passed and we went out to lunch, the next night she came over to my dorm room to study for an exam, and things were pretty much rolling from there.

I was in a pretty loose long-term relationship at the time, which I broke off about a week off after that.

3. Long story about me and my girl...Korly knows it. Basically I met her in my junior year in High School, then after I graduated in 99 her boyfriend went off to college. I took a year off, worked etc. She just went to a community college. The boyfriend cheated on her while he was away at school, I became the shoulder for her to cry on, then in December of 99 we started going out, and have since then. High School Relationships usually dont work...but they dont say anything about people you know in high school, then date after you graduate

4. hehe i just found me a girl in the last week or soo...so far its working oot real nice
    "Punch the yeti! Win a free Llama!"

Hitomi Guest
    Originally posted by Chux
    Long story about me and my girl...Korly knows it. Basically I met her in my junior year in High School, then after I graduated in 99 her boyfriend went off to college. I took a year off, worked etc. She just went to a community college. The boyfriend cheated on her while he was away at school, I became the shoulder for her to cry on, then in December of 99 we started going out, and have since then. High School Relationships usually dont work...but they dont say anything about people you know in high school, then date after you graduate

6. I'm not really with this girl currently, but there's quite a chance she will become my other half once I get back to Osaka. Anyhow, still want to tell, because I find it kinda funny. One of the other guys in the month exchange was being a bit sweet with one of her good friends, so guy and girl's friend and girl were all having lunch together one day in the international center (where we usually had lunch during that month). So this girl sees me, but I didn't really notice her. Later, the guy comes over and tells me that this girls thinks I'm the best thing since sliced bread, but that I shouldn't just go up to her and tell her that I know that because she's too nervous. So, a bit later, I just sort of casually walked up to her and introduced myself (which I was doing with almost every girl I met there *heh*), and we started hitting it off from there.

The sort of funny part, at least for me, is that I guess before this, she really didn't like interacting with foreigners. So I'm the first foreigner she's really talked with to any decent amount.

The other girl in Japan who is a potential for me was kind of an interesting meet as well, I suppose. I had mentioned that I liked DDR, and this girl did too. I didn't know her yet, though, I instead knew her best friend. So her best friend asked me to go play DDR with herself and her friend (the girl who likes DDR) on one of the weekends. So I met the girl right before we went out that day, and I guess we hit it off as well.

I suppose that doesn't include the other girl I went out on a date with while I was over there, or the girl from the snack shop who was looking at me cute, so I chatted her up and got her number and e-mail and whatnot. But those stories aren't as interesting.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

7. Originally posted by shidoshi
    Later, the guy comes over and tells me that this girls thinks I'm the best thing since sliced bread
    'doshi = winner!!! hahahahahahahah!!!!!

8. Originally posted by innova
    hehe i just found me a girl in the last week or soo...so far its working oot real nice
    congrats man.

right now I have no significant other. Got a job, and got classes. I don't think I want a relationship right now. I can't even support myself :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

In June of 98, after dropping out of college (for the first time) I was working at a 7-11. I was the only employee in the store, and called my friend Bobby to see if he wanted to come "hang out."
    Since he was a broke ass rock and roll type, he didn't have a car. He called a friend of his, who I knew but never really talked to, for a ride. She agreed, and decided that instead of dropping him off at the curb, that she would come into the store. To make a long story short, I fell in love while standing next to a slurpie machine.
    We've been together ever since.

10. doshi is a pimp....
    "Punch the yeti! Win a free Llama!"