Thread: Let's talk Goemon.

1. Let's talk Goemon.

I have been trying to post a reply to the previous Goemon thread, but the server for some reason or another doesn't allow me to (anyone else had this problem). So I figure why not post a new thread. So here is my reply.

The PS2 Goemon game is called Bouken Jidai Katsugeki: Goemon (Historical Action Adventure: Goemon) and was made by KCEK (the same team responsible for the N64 installments of both: the Goemon and Dracula series). It has been out for quite awhile in Japan and from what I heard, it wasn't very good. In addition, another Goemon game by KCE Tokyo was released for the PS1 called Goemon: Shinseidai Shumei (Goemon: New Age Succession) and a GBA version called Goemon: New Shutsudou (New Age Sailing) also developed by KCET.

http://allsoft.scei.co.jp/jacket/m/slpm65014.gif
    http://www.konamityo.com/psgoe/index.html

Anyway, Goemon is one of Konami's most popular series in Japan along with Parodius and TwinBee. Contrary to what you may had read from JapJac, Goemon has been around long before the original SNES installment. The first game in the series was an Arcade game called Mr. Goemon , followed by four Famicom game and an MSX game. It's a shame that Konami only released four or so games in the whole series in America. And the only reason why they even released those N64 Goemon was probably to fill in the N64's lacking library than anything else.

2. Goemon is one of my favorite series. I was introduced to the series through the first one on SFC and it was and still is one of my favorite SFC/SNES games. The sequel was more straightforward platforming but it was cool too. The third one I didn't much care for since they completely changed the focus and the music sucked, but the space one was ok. The first two PSX ones aren't worth menioning IMO, but I did like the two N64 ones quite a bit, they returned the series to what made it fun. The latest two PSX games I think Konami has started to make them fan service games, which is ok, but they're nothing too spectacular either, but still fun for Goemon fans. Haven't played N64 Mononoke Sugoroku or the PS2 one yet but plan to soon.

3. Originally posted by Yamcha
    Haven't played N64 Mononoke Sugoroku yet but plan to soon.

Mononoke Sugoroku is basically Mario Party, only with Goemon characters. The concept doesn't excite me, but who knows (Konami Krazy Racers turned out great).

4. test to see if i can respond to this legendary thread