Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zelda Four swords hype train is on its way to the US

1. ...4 swords looks a lot like gauntlet. Does it play like gauntlet?
    How the hell did you come to that conclusion?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Damian79
    How the hell did you come to that conclusion?
    I've never played it. But the screenshots of 2D overhead 4-player dungeons remind me of the original Gauntlet...

Judging by your reaction, I assume it plays nothing like Gauntlet.

3. Red Link needs food badly...

It plays a lot like Four Swords, which has been out on GBA for a nice, long time now.

In other words, NOTHING like Gauntlet.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

Those were some horribly written impressions. I'm impressed.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. All of a sudden, I'm really excited about this game. The thought of a 2D Zelda game for my Gamecube (instead of on the GBA played through my Gamecube) makes me happy. I'm excited about the Hyrule Quest mode mainly, and it'll be something to tide me over until The Minish Cap and the "non-kiddy" Zelda arrives. Yeah, it looks basically like LttP graphics, but there looks to be a bunch of new elements throw in, like the Link formations, new boss fights, and new dungeons.

Toss in the fact that you can beat the game alone or multiplayer, where you can beat the crap out of your friends, toss them into a pit, and steal their rupees and then the next second, co-op through the dungeon, and it sounds like fun. The most annoying part will be playing multiplayer with GBA's only, but I have own a GBA already, and I can convince my cousin to let me borrow her pink GBA for a fun 2-player mode with my brother and me. I just hope that an extra GBA-GC cord is packed in with this game.

Oh and the second I heard the "Roc's Feather" being an item in this game made me wonder what other past Zelda elements did they add in this game? It's gonna be a long time before I see Nintendo release another 2D game on a console, so I might as well check Four Swords out and see if the positive reviews reflect my experience.
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia