Thread: Mattel's Intellivison

Mattel's Intellivison

Thanks to Richter I've recently acquired a damn near perfect condition Intellivison and have been able to play about 30 games which I haven't in years... this was the only system I had before a NES but I do remember playing this actively before getting the NES.

I don't see many InTV titles mentioned here so I'm wondering who here has any experiences with the system or the games, or who owns one still at least.

So far I'm playing Tron's Deadly Discs and Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (the first one) the most.

Well, you got TRON: DD, which is what I consider the best console game of the early '80's.

Which D&D game are you playing? The 2d or 3d one? I don't remember which game came out first.

I'm interested the know what other games you have. My InTV is broken but I have around 35 games for it. Five of them I haven't played yet including some weird stuff like Imagic's Microsurgeon.

3. I doubt you'd want to play sports games on it, but Intellivision Baseball kicked complete ass, and devoured many, many hours of my early teens. Oh yeah, and that submarine game that I haven't dusted off in 20 years or so.

The sports games are quite good.

Is that submarine game Sub Hunt? That's one of the ones I have but haven't played.

5. Is it Sea Battle that your thinking of NeoZeedeater?
    Sea Battle
    Horse Racing (I forget the name)
    Snafu
    2-d D&D
    Atlantis
    Night Stalker
    and Astro Blast
    were the most-played games of my early childhood
    -even more than Pitfal, Spiderfighter and Donkey Kong

PhillyClassic3 just recently provied me with most of the games I'd like to try again. But I've yet to do the neccesary fananglin' to get the InTV hooked-up.

From my recolection SeaBattle was like a sophisticated Milton Bradley Battleship game, with more strategy involved with deployment of fleets -Mine Sweepers et al

The Derby Stalion games always baffled me, but now recolecting about InTV Horse Racing,.. zen like states were acheived while becoming one with the horse and feeling just when to whip or coax. Yeah, i remember this from when I was 5. somebody put Prozac in my KoolAid. Oh wait, this was the early 80's such drugs weren't household staples.

Yeah Intellevision rocked. Numeric keypads are where it's at!

Sea Battle is a different game. I bought it a long time ago but I haven't really played it.

Night Stalker, Snafu, and Astro Smash(wasn't Astro Blast the 2600 name?) are all cool games.

7. Anyway, enjoy the Intellivisions, it was fun while I had em
    *still has Burgertime sitting on the table*
    TeamGO!
    Project Raven Discussion
    http://pub66.ezboard.com/bteamgo
    Come sign up on TeamGo's boards. Express what you think TeamGo's game should be like.