Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Happened to NICO??

1. Ico was fun but Prince of Persia was more fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. PoP is a great game but ICO is one of the reasons to get a ps2 its easily the best game sony has ever made

3. PoP and ICO are both amazing games, but amazing for different reasons.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Videodrone
    PoP and ICO are both amazing games, but amazing for different reasons.
    are you kidding? They're almost the same freaking game!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Clash_Master
    Plus I remeber hearing that its called Nico because Ni means 2 in Japanese, people who know Japanese can confirm that.
    Indeed that's true.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

6. Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    are you kidding? They're almost the same freaking game!

Um,NO! Not even close. PoP was an action game, with minimal puzzles, and way too much needless fighting. Very cool game that definitely would have benefited from more puzzles like the cog puzzle early on that you do to activate the security system. ICO on the other hand is a masterpiece of an adventure game with very minimal, and basic action. The puzzles in ICO are some of the best ever as far as being intigrated into the room and not feeling like they were just put there. ICO's puzzle design should be looked at a lot more by other developers so we can avoid all the "get the key, open the door" kind of puzzles. I think both games are great. I see PoP as being one of the best games of last year and slightly disappointing in the puzzle design and length areas. I see ICO as being a masterpiece of game design that I wouldn't change one thing about. The ONLY thing PoP did better was animation, but I think ICO accomplished what it was going for graphically. As much as I love ICO and think it is easily the PS2s best game, I almost don't want a sequel. I would hate for a part 2 to ruin the legacy of ICO. On the other hand, I can't wait for PoP2. If they fix the minor gripes I have about part 1, we're in for a hell of a game.

7. Well the PoP vs. Ico comparrison depends on which PoP he is referring to. The original or the Newer one. The orignal being much more similar to Ico.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

8. nigel, nobody reads block text..
    just a heads up for future posts..
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Nigel
    Um,NO! Not even close. PoP was an action game, with minimal puzzles, and way too much needless fighting. Very cool game that definitely would have benefited from more puzzles like the cog puzzle early on that you do to activate the security system. ICO on the other hand is a masterpiece of an adventure game with very minimal, and basic action. The puzzles in ICO are some of the best ever as far as being intigrated into the room and not feeling like they were just put there. ICO's puzzle design should be looked at a lot more by other developers so we can avoid all the "get the key, open the door" kind of puzzles. I think both games are great. I see PoP as being one of the best games of last year and slightly disappointing in the puzzle design and length areas. I see ICO as being a masterpiece of game design that I wouldn't change one thing about. The ONLY thing PoP did better was animation, but I think ICO accomplished what it was going for graphically. As much as I love ICO and think it is easily the PS2s best game, I almost don't want a sequel. I would hate for a part 2 to ruin the legacy of ICO. On the other hand, I can't wait for PoP2. If they fix the minor gripes I have about part 1, we're in for a hell of a game.
    all your really saying is that Ico did it better. I still think PoP: Sands of Time was almost a direct rip off of Ico, I don't really have an opinion as to which is better. They BOTH had too much fighting, I don't see how you can fault PoP for that but not Ico. All i know is that i played Ico and the next game i played was PoP and it felt like i was playing the exact same game.

They share all the same elements. Large barren castle exploration, alternating puzzle/platforming rooms, interspersed with battles which are long and repetitive. Primary differences being the hand holding element in Ico, and the improved combat engine in PoP. But PoP has the chick in it who follows you around, so even that isn't all that different.

I'd like to hear if the developers ever addressed the similiarities in an interview. Ico was definalty a large inspiration too them.