Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What Happened to NICO??

1. Quote Originally Posted by Clash_Master
    This kind of stuff makes me very frustrated. Its like every 8 or 9 months something comes out about this game "Just might exist after all!" First it was the website with one image of a boy that looked like Ico on a horse look over a large valley with a huge bridge crossing it.
    Then several months later a batch of very blurry and confusing images comes out, and rumors of the possability of this game being named Nico, and that meaning Ico 2 basically.
    And then many months later Sony registers the name Nico. And now this!
    Its getting pretty close to the end of the PS2s life cycle, although that does not really matter I guess, Ico was originally a PS1 game.
    What makes it even worse for me personally I just played through Ico again the other day after not playing it in like a year, and it just solidified for me that its the best game ever made.
    Sigh, why does no one at Sony have anything useful to say on this game? "Watch this space" thats something, but how about saying "Its in development"? It either is or it isn't, someone knows whats going on with the game, JUST TELL US!

Same here, I just played through it again this weekend. I really wish we'd get something that we could count as solid information.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

2. Really? I never knew you finished it the first time.
    Time for a change

3. I wanted them to tell us, and they now have!

From MagicBox:
    - Sony's ICO development team has confirmed that a new title is under development, they plan to reveal the title in near future. The team has also revealed the worldwide sales of ICO, which is around 650,000 copies; and the breakdown is as follows:

USA (09/26/01) - 250,000 units
    Japan (12/06/01) - 160,000 units
    Asia (01/13/02) - 20,000 units
    South Korea (02/22/02) - 20,000 units
    Europe (03/20/02) - 200,000 units

So the sequal is indeed in the works, which pleases me to great extremes. Plus I did not think that Ico had sold as well as it had. Thats a lot of units World Wide. Can't wait to get even more info!
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

4. Wow! Great news. For a while there, I wasn't sure a sequel would do anything but tarnish the masterpiece that is ICO. Now, I just can't wait for a game that is even half as good.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Clash_Master
    USA (09/26/01) - 250,000 units
    Japan (12/06/01) - 160,000 units
    Asia (01/13/02) - 20,000 units
    South Korea (02/22/02) - 20,000 units
    Europe (03/20/02) - 200,000 units
    !

and there's always talk about how this game tanked in america. i can only imagine that the game sold on word of mouth alone. it certainly couldn't have been because of the packaging/marketing.

ugh.

6. Yeah that cover is putrid, considering that Ico and Yordas faces do not even come close to looking like that.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

7. I had no clue what it was, and the packaging didn't make me want to buy it, but my girlfriend saw something on TV about it and wanted to play it. We picked it up a week later and have been in love with it ever since. To this day, whenever we play a game, it's always compared to ICO, and nothing compares.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

8. The US box art is a shame. The J- and Euro box art is some of the best ever created.

9. What the hell is wrong with that box? I wasn't fond of the Uk box and honestly the US box is fine by me.

10. and there's always talk about how this game tanked in america.
    Because gamers on message boards like to assume shit, like theyre the only people smart enough in the US to grasp the brilliance of Ico and the unwashed masses of PS2 owners just gasped in horror and ran back to Madden, and oh by the way that simple fact disgusts them. So enough people talk about it on enough message boards, and it becomes fact.

Sadly though, not the case. Ico was riding a huge wave of hype pre-release and, as you can see, was pretty successful for the genre. Oh wells.