Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: What Happened to NICO??

1. What Happened to NICO??

Wasn't NICO supposed to be shown at E3?? Was it shown behind closed doors? I don't want to wait until TGS !! Maybe they are waiting to show it then since it didn't do that well in the US. Did ICO fare better in Japan?

2. wait for the tokyo game show. if nico really exists, it'll be there.

3. Nico/Ico 2/Dragon Peace/Whatever-name-they-toss-at-us-next was not shown at E3. Yes it's dissappointing. I have stopped hoping for this, and am waiting to be surprised should they ever reveal it, for PS2, PSP, or PS3. I think it's a safe bet we'll see it someday though.

4. Wow, I didn't even know that Nico was supposed to be the sequel to Ico. I thought it was just some randomly named game people for some reason were heavily anticipating. *shrug*

With PoP stealing all of Ico's stealing the thunder from all of Ico's best qualities, I'm surprised they even bothered with a sequel.

5. I think Ico at least has better art direction than Prince of Persia, at least in terms of the environments design. Better music too.

(Not bashing PoP, it's great, but I think Ico is still better in a few ways).

6. Although POP was influenced by ICO, and as fantastic as it was...it never really reached that emotional level that ICO had. I think one of the main reasons ICO has such a cult following is the level emotion invested in both of its central characters. Plus POP was alot more action oriented vs. the more somber ICO. All I want for an ICO sequel is more of everything. I hope they don't make it more action oriented.

7. If anything, Ico needed less combat, as that was the most boring and repetitive part of the first game. Or something a *bit* more compelling than "swing stick at monsters till monsters go away in five minutes".

8. Same news as a year ago. Nothing.

The only proof we really have is the pics that Playstation magazine UK had months ago. I'm sure it's still in the works, I just don't see why it's so under wraps, unless they really put some money into development and are expecting it to be a true killer app.

Quote Originally Posted by NoFace
    If anything, Ico needed less combat, as that was the most boring and repetitive part of the first game. Or something a *bit* more compelling than "swing stick at monsters till monsters go away in five minutes".
    I felt the combat was Adequate. It wasn't over used and wasn't truely action oriented to take away from what ICO really is, a puzzle game. I hate when companies try to blend hardcore action in a puzzle game.

9. I agree, I just felt the fights went on too long. It *is* a puzzle game, or an adventure game, or whatever you'd like to call the PoP/Tomb Raider genre. But when you can beat three shadows, why must you sit there for five minutes doing it over and over again, until the little portal disappears? If they were going to make it last that long, a little more variety than swing stick, swing sword, or swing stick/sword while holding Yorda's hand would have been nice.

I think if they do Nico, and it's a grown-up Ico, there will be more fleshed out combat. I can totally see a grown-up horned boy being a badass warrior (whether it's using weapons or transforming into a beast, like in those tech demos that were briefly talked about last fall). Yes, it'd be unlike Ico, but as a sequel it could be different and cool.

I just want this game to exist in some form... I'll happily receive whatever they want to make.

10. Quote Originally Posted by NoFace
    I think if they do Nico, and it's a grown-up Ico, there will be more fleshed out combat. I can totally see a grown-up horned boy being a badass warrior (whether it's using weapons or transforming into a beast, like in those tech demos that were briefly talked about last fall). Yes, it'd be unlike Ico, but as a sequel it could be different and cool.
    if that happens. I'd rather not have him grow up.