Thread: 3 inch mp3/cd player... worth my fifteen bucks?

1. 3 inch mp3/cd player... worth my fifteen bucks?

It's only fifteen bucks, but it seems like a pretty cheap alternative to a solid state mp3 player/expensive normal-sized mp3 cd player or minidisc... The only downside is that it's real small and only plays those 3" CDs. Anyone have any experience with cd players of this kind? I'd like to have something a little more compact than my CD walkman, and this also has the added benefit of playing mp3s.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...&Sku=C332-1016

2. Saturn Japan

I have a 3" CD player. It's far far better value than most solid state players and iPods. It's small enough to fit in your palm and each disc holds about 185MB of mp3s and the media itself is dirt cheap - like other CDr media.

I also own quite a few 3" music CDs (they are popular in Europe and Japan). They hold about 21 minutes of music which can be played in any (non slot loading) CD player. It's ideal for short trips.

That unit you linked looks like a piece of junk, as most "Classic" items are, but for $15 you can't go wrong.... Mine is made by Philips and it's great quality. It's literally impossible to make it skip, so i leave anti-skip off and get longer batter life than advertised.

3. Quote Originally Posted by sggg
    I also own quite a few 3" music CDs (they are popular in Europe and Japan). They hold about 21 minutes of music which can be played in any (non slot loading) CD player. It's ideal for short trips.
    Were popular in Japan. I haven't seen a Japanese single get released on a 3" CD in recent years. I think they were kind of a fad there, to be honest.

I've always thought the mini CDs were kind of neat, but I'm not sure that I ever saw them as anymore more than a novelty. Plus, once you've gotten used to a HD-based MP3 player, it's hard to go back.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

4. They use many of the same techniques to make 80/90/99 min CDRs in those 3 inchers to get 200,210 and I once saw 240 mb Mini cd-rs.

What we need now is a mini-dvd version of those units.. 1.5GB a disc, same size, no where near the cost of a HD based unit..
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

5. It's $15. Don't question it.