Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Chronic Insomnia

1. Chronic Insomnia

I usually sleep about 8 hours a night but Friday I couldn't sleep. I thought I'd go mad but then, with the sun coming up and the birds making a racket, I finally slept at 6am till 12 noon. It's not the first time that's happened, although I'd swear it's been 10 years since it happened last, and I thought it was a once-off. I slept fine Saturday night, 8 hours plus.

But Sunday night I couldn't sleep again, only getting to sleep at 6am, till 12 noon again. But last night was the worst. I went to bed at about 1am and no way could I sleep at all so I got up a few minutes ago and I'm up typing this at 8am.

Maybe this happens to lots of people and I'm just used to sleeping regularly but still it feels fucking awful, like the part of my brain that tells me to sleep isn't working anymore. My question is: Has anyone experienced this kind of chronic insomnia before? If so, how long did it last? Days? Weeks? Forevar?

2. Mine's lasted for months upon months now.

Stay up until 6-8 am, sleep until 4-6 pm, rinse wash and repeat.

It's a fucking horrible habit, and I wish there was some way to break it, but right now I don't care since everything fun happens at night anyways.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

Yup I do but it comes and goes.

Happens to me, too.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. I've had it for 22 years.

Hmm.. usually takes me an hour to get to sleep.

Then I wake up one hour or two before I have to, the end result being that I lose as much as 3 hours of sleep that I could otherwise have.

No reason for it, either.

(It's been going on for about 4 years now.. hmm.. the same amount of time I've been employed at my current workplace.....)

7. I use to have problems sleeping.

But, now I take sleeping pills and wash them down with Nyquil.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    Mine's lasted for months upon months now.

It's a fucking horrible habit, and I wish there was some way to break it, but right now I don't care since everything fun happens at night anyways.
    That's about what my sleeping habit is. I don't really look at it as insomnia, since I get more sleep then most people....I'm just on a differnent schedual then the 'normies'.

Right now, it really doesn't matter, except for tuesdays and thursdays, when I have school in the morning. Those days suck....today is one of those days.

9. I had a freind with clinical insomnia. She went 28 days with no sleep at one point. Had to be institutionalized. She was never the same after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    Mine's lasted for months upon months now.

I've done that for the past 3 years now. I don't go to sleep on weeknights until 2/3a.m., and I have to be the work the next morning at 8.

Then on the weekends, I stay up until 8 a.m., then wake up at 4/6 p.m. later in the day.