Thread: U.S. Legend of Zu a Disaster?

1. U.S. Legend of Zu a Disaster?

I was checking out Monkeypeaches.com and they posted a link to a review of the U.S. version of Legend of Zu. Apparently they destroyed the film (which wasn't that great to begin with) and edited to further milk off of Crouching Tiger.

Here's the link: http://pub65.ezboard.com/fmightypeki...icID=485.topic
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

2. Well, I have it on dvd, and its not bad of a fantasy film. Sure its storyline, complecated too much, but you need to see this film just for its amazing visuals. Like Star Wars in US are visual masterpieces, Legend of ZU is SW for HK, more than 90% scenes have somekind of cgi fx in them.

I seen US trailer, and while its looking very nice, they do trying to sell it as a different film. They keep showing Zhang Zi, like she is a one of the main character, even though she's only a minor player in the film, trying to play on her US poppularity.

And after reading in your link, that it is dubbed, I'm really dissapointed. I just dont like dubs, and unfortunately, most of US dubs are bad. The only time I remember dub working soo well, was in Kung Pow Enter the Fist, and there the bad dubbing was intentional

Also, Its being cut for about 20 minutes is not going in the favor of the film.

Oh well, I will still have my dvd copy of it. Uncut and in original language, so I can watch it whenever I want. Too bad most of the US movie fans wont though