Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 80's TV series, help!

1. 80's TV series, help!

So sorry for this weak memory I have of it, but google isn't doing me any good.

OK, I'm pretty sure it was in the mid 80's and about all I can remember is the last episode, but I think I watched all them(maybe a mini series). I was around 8-10 years old and just finished a baseball game. We got home in time to catch the end of the final epsiode.

I remember there was these warriors(the good guys), I think some of them were dwarves. They were fighting the villian who was your typical tall guy with a mask and black cloak. Everybody was taking a crack at this guy, but nobody could defeat him. Then there was the guys on horses and they rode up on the villian and formed a line. They shot arrows at him and they stuck in his cloak. Once they stopped launching the arrows the villian started to spin really fast and all the arrows flew out hitting the men on the horses. That is about all I can remember. It seemed like a live action dungeons and dragons tv series, but I've had no luck finding anything.
    Currently playing - KOFXI

2. Time Bandits.

Well, at least the arrows and spinning part sounds like the movie.

3. "Don't touch it! It's EVIL!!!!"

Awesome flick.

4. I think your right MVS, damn your amazing. I didn't thinking anyone could help me with such a vague description. I've did some searches on time bandits and it sounds familiar. My dad had a satellite back then(the huge kind) before they scrambled channels, so maybe it was on a movie channel or something. I'm in the processes of downloading it now.
    Currently playing - KOFXI

5. to Time Bandits.
    I knew he was a commie, cause he didn't drink [duff] beer.

6. Yep, I am pretty sure MVS is right. Very cool flick indeed.

7. That's Time Bandits... but it's a movie, not a TV series.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. LOL I remember when ShowCase was mere weeks away from starting (you canadians know what's up, this was back in like 93-94-95, sometime around then) and they kept looping a promo that featured that movie. Bizarre, bizarre shit indeed.

9. Yup, every once in a while I can open the soup cooler and something good comes out. I guess that day was yesterday.

10. I had been thinking recently of having a surreal movie day with Time Bandits, Brazil, and the Adventures of Baron Munchausen. Some great stuff in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Eggroll
    "Don't touch it! It's EVIL!!!!"
    I love quoting that line, especially when making food with a toaster.