Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Progressive Scan for Gran Turismo 4!

1. Yuck No Progressive Scan for Gran Turismo 4!

We already mentioned that GT4 has real human drivers with motion-captured animations, but, like the vehicles, another area that receives a bump in visuals are the billboard-based spectators on the side of the track. It was announced that these road-side spectators will be fully modeled for the final game. This wasn't hinted at, it was confirmed and we'll hold Polyphony to it. We thought the visual magic was coming to an end, but it seems to be just started as Polyphony is practically pushing the envelope off a cliff. But with all the eye-candy going on there will be no progressive scan mode. It was stated that the game actually looks worst in progressive scan as many of the effects have to be turned off to make the mode work.

Even without progressive scan mode, GT4 looks like no other racing game on PS2. But what we love most about this latest incarnation is the physics engine. Quite possibly the most advanced physic engine of any console racer, somehow it just got better. The feel between the virtual driver (you) and the road has been drastically improved, even more so than "Prologue". In fact, for those of you who have played "Prologue", you may agree that it might not be the best indication of what GT4 will feel like. Obviously, someone has been spending some insane amount of time getting the road and the cars to react just like they do in the real world.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/515/515023p1.html

this kindda sucks, but then again i'm sure the game would look great through my component cables. As long as the game supports widescreen i'm a happy camper!

btw, i dont think the game would support mic, sucks, but oh well!

2. SAY WHAT?!!1

oh wait.. we're talking about a PS2 game.. No pro-scan is to be expected, not missed when it's not there.
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

3. Quote Originally Posted by marwan
    btw, i dont think the game would support mic, sucks, but oh well!
    i'm pretty sure it'll have voice chat, just not in the actual races. it would create too much lag, apparently.

4. Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    i'm pretty sure it'll have voice chat, just not in the actual races. it would create too much lag, apparently.

oh ok, that's good enough for me. i still remember the time when Sony said they dropped the mic support completely. anyways, i hate chating while playing, it's better left for in room chating.

5. no prog scan sucks, but what will be worse is if they add all that junk and it's not a solid 60 (or at least 30). then its unacceptable

6. PGR 2 has 8 people chatting and no lag.

Yeah, but that's on Live. It's just that good.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    Yeah, but that's on Live. It's just that good.
    wow. call in unsubstantiated fanboyism.

9. Quote Originally Posted by elscorcho
    wow. call in unsubstantiated fanboyism.
    before the live vs ps2 online crap starts up again, do you even have an xbox? if so, are you on live?

10. chat or not i dont care. i dont need to talk shit while i race. seeing my back bumper is all i need for the opposition.