Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EGM's Crapstravaganza: The Director's Cut

1. EGM's Crapstravaganza: The Director's Cut

Seanbaby has uploaded his Crapstravaganza article that he wrote for EGM and posted it on his website. The only difference is that this the "Director's Cut" version and has Club Drive listed for No. 2 instead of Gilligan's Island. Check it out!

http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/egm.htm

2. Wow, new content on Seanbaby's page?! GASP!

Glad he posted it, I missed that ish of EGM... well... I miss almost every ish of EGM, since I hate the magazine 90% of the time.

3. This ought to convince anyone who hasn't been convinced yet:

Atari is full of shit.

4. Originally posted by Freeter
    This ought to convince anyone who hasn't been convinced yet:

Atari is full of shit.
    Atari was much more than that. They were shit-throwing monkeys. Remember those obnoxious ads that tried to convince people that the Atari Jaguar was more powerful than the PlayStation and Saturn just because it had an irreverent 64-bit processor (which wasn't really 64-bits at all). I feel sorry for the idiots who were actually fooled by those ads or the kids who's ignorant parents were fooled by Atari's ads.

5. Originally posted by Johnny Undaunted

Atari was much more than that. They were shit-throwing monkeys. Remember those obnoxious ads that tried to convince people that the Atari Jaguar was more powerful than the PlayStation and Saturn just because it had an irreverent 64-bit processor (which wasn't really 64-bits at all). I feel sorry for the idiots who were actually fooled by those ads or the kids who's ignorant parents were fooled by Atari's ads.
    "32 bits + 32 bits = 64 bits kids! DO THE MATH!!!" :jest:

6. Jaguar may be 64-bit, but the bits sure aren't everything. Look how badly the 32-bit systems have trounced it. It seems more like a juiced up 16-bit system.

The Jaguar has to resort to software routines for texture mapping, which is a big strike against it. The general purpose architecture of the system did bring some limitations with it.

One of its best games- Tempest 2000- did see a port on Saturn. This wasn't perfect (look closely and you'll see that the web shading isn't as smooth, and also the bonus stage has the stars appearing through the planet surface), but that was actually thanks to High Voltage getting sloppy. The Saturn version has a higher frame rate and lacks the slowdown of the Jag original.

7. This ought to convince anyone who hasn't been convinced yet:

Atari is full of shit.

You know what? SCREW YOU!!!!

I can't believe that Revolution X is on that list. It's not a great game or anything but it's certainly not bad enough to make that list.

9. Originally posted by NeoZeedeater
    I can't believe that Revolution X is on that list. It's not a great game or anything but it's certainly not bad enough to make that list.
    You sir, are alright in my book.

10. This, along with his NES list is friggin' hilarious.

A must read.