Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EGM's Crapstravaganza: The Director's Cut

1. Originally posted by sleeveboy

FYI, Atari Corp. did not begin and end in the console industry. They produced a successful line of computers beginning with the 400 series and ending with the ST/TT/Mega line, for which there were hundreds of quality games produced. Not only did they virtually invent the modern arcade industry, but the home console industry as well. Asteroids, Battlezone, Major Havoc, Breakout, Missile Command, Tank, Sprint, Combat, Star Raiders, Caverns of Mars, Night Driver, Yars' Revenge are all original Atari titles, and many of them saw releases on consoles. Of course, that excludes all the ports of arcade titles that were handled by Atari.

Atari Games was one of the greatest arcade developers of all time, producing such classics as Roadblasters, STUN Runner, APB, Super Sprint, Peter PackRat, Vindicators, Xybots, Escape from the Planet of the Robot Monsters, Hydra, 720, and many many MANY more.

So it's just a little presumptuous for you to say that Atari is "pure shit."
    I'm well aware of their many arcade titles. Most of the Atari 2600 lineup was full of 'em(sadly, those were the only good games, as the rest were horrid crap). If not for the NES, the home console industry would've died then. And remember the Lynx? Yup, mostly arcade ports.

They had a chance to prove themselves with the Jaguar, and they failed miserably.

Atari has my respect in the arcade dept., but when it comes to consoles, they can't compete.

deathwishkersey Guest
    Good old Yars Revenge.
    Vindicators was a rad arcade game.
    Speaking of Seanbaby's worst NES games list, I'm surprised Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde didn't make it on there. Well, I haven't played most of the games on the list so maybe I shouldn't be surprised. Yikes!

3. Originally posted by Freeter
    Atari has my respect in the arcade dept., but when it comes to consoles, they can't compete.
    Then I guess I've proved my point: Atari isn't complete shit.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. Originally posted by sleeveboy

Then I guess I've proved my point: Atari isn't complete shit.
    And notice how I never said they were "complete shit". I said they were full of it(are five million buried ET carts and a huge lineup of crappy original titles not enough for you?). Your little argument proved my point already.

Face it, you can defend them all you want, but you'll always end up having to use their arcade division as your defense, 'cause that's all they got.

5. Originally posted by Freeter

Face it, you can defend them all you want, but you'll always end up having to use their arcade division as your defense, 'cause that's all they got.
    Okay.

You said "Atari is full of shit." You can spin that statement however you want, but it looks like you were saying that Atari has produced nothing but shit in their entire history, which is plainly untrue.

And once again, Atari produced many original titles for its consoles and computers that were, yes, of high quality for the time.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood