Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soul Calibur II sticks 2 for 1 @ Future Shop

1. Soul Calibur II sticks 2 for 1 @ Future Shop

Future Shop has the limited edition Soul Calibur II sticks on buy one get one free for $50. Works with the Xbox, PS2, and GC.

2. It's available through their site, too (which is good, since there's no FS around here).

That's pretty sweet. But, is it a good stick?

3. Yeah, I'd hear the Hori stick is good, but I don't know about that one.
    pwned by Ivan

4. GameStop has them for $30.
    I'll ask the manager at the one I preordered 'Slug 3 at if I can try one when I go to pick it up. I've been curious for some time now.

5. Nuby is the manufacturer of the stick. On the small side, but the stick doesn't click and snaps back to centre nicely with a round cutout. It doesn't work with my DC adapters (second set, Shadowblade being the other), but they work with all three systems out now.

If you are truly hardcore you shall laugh in it's general direction and wonder why everybody hasn't spent $200 replacing an X-arcade with arcade parts; if you want a decent stick that you don't need to buy adapters for to use on more than one system and don't want to spend an arm and a leg check them out. I don't think any mass produced sticks like this will ever match their arcade counter parts, but no arcade sticks will ever match the price of these. They aren't horrible but not great either. A few pros (price, no need for adapters) and a few cons (mass produced and on the small side). Maybe someone else can chime in here, because all I really wanted were a couple of sticks that wouldn't break the bank and I could use on the Cube and Xbox.

Friends are always more willing to play Street Fighter if there's arcade sticks involved. That's a fact Jack!

6. That Nuby stick's a piece of shit.

Don't even bother.

7. Yeah I saw them at Futureshop this week, they look pretty weird, but I stick to my remotes, not a big joystick fan to begin with.

8. After another hour of play with CvsSNK2 and Tekken Tag, they're decent. Built in vibration function is another feature I found. For what I paid for them I'm happy.

9. ...

Well honestly, the problem with custom sticks is that most people over charge. Honestly you can build a really good stick for cheap. Arcade box, 20 bucks, comp sitck 13 bucks, 8 buttons 20 bucks (less if used), pad for hacking 5 bucks. Bam, you just built an arcade stick for about 60 bucks. Then again you can buy a Namco for around that price too and they are excellent (I am not a fan of Hori sticks).

So it is tough to say, because at first I knew nothing about custom sitck building, but now that I do and even though I think soldering is a pain; overall, you get the best bang for your buck just building one yourself...
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

10. I've got 2 of those sticks and I'm very happy with them. I'm also quite accustomed to them, due to having an Impress cabinet with simliar sticks and buttons.

That said, for people who feel the need to slam controllers around, these probably aren't the best. They're small and relatively light, although they seem relatively durable.

Some people love em, some people hate em