Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why are threads being arbitrarily locked now?

1. This thread needs to be locked!

2. In before that happens.

Me too.

4. It comes off as really petty and unnecessary.
    That's Lhadatt's specialty, right there.

5. http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...ad.php?t=29848

that's a thread that should have never been locked. It's obviously something the community wants and should be allowed to speak out on. Just because Lhadatt doesn't want to hear it doesn't mean he should be able to lock it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...ad.php?t=29848

that's a thread that should have never been locked. It's obviously something the community wants and should be allowed to speak out on. Just because Lhadatt doesn't want to hear it doesn't mean he should be able to lock it.

Same with Korian's mod abusing their powers thread - because, gasp! - Lhadatt is the one abusing his power! Oh well, hopefully he will step away from TNL when Got Next is up and running and this forum can become respectable again.

7. ok this thread is going nowhere now

arbitrarily locked.

8. Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...ad.php?t=29848

There was no more discussion going on there. The idea was presented, then it broke down into normal chitchat. It's not something that's going to happen on TNL any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Same with Korian's mod abusing their powers thread - because, gasp! - Lhadatt is the one abusing his power! Oh well, hopefully he will step away from TNL when Got Next is up and running and this forum can become respectable again.
    A troll accusing me of abusing my power? Funny stuff.

When Feedback threads go into chitchat and no more feedback, they shouldn't be in Feedback. I locked it before it got too far into non-Feedback areas, deal with it. As far as the other threads go, I'm sorry some of you think locking inane threads that contribute nothing whatsoever to the forum constitutes mod-power-abuse. The fact of the matter is stupid threads shouldn't be allowed to exist, since they allow more stupid threads and screw up the forum in general. Moving them to FC serves no purpose unless there is actually some flaming going on -- aside from the Korian threads (of which there were many in FC already, why did we need any more?), none of the stuff I locked had any flame-merit. TNL still has some level of respectability left, so let's not throw it away with threads like "hi im new flame me" or "how long are your cuticals?"

9. I usually don't butt into closed threads, but I will say this:

1) Feedback should not have chatty threads - this is the business side of the boards.

2) I don't want moderators to mechanically shove threads into Fight Club whenever they get out of line. If the topic is worthwhile, you try to salvage it. If the topic was made just to attract flames, then it's all right to lock it. Fight Club is meant to consist of threads primarily started in Fight Club, with just a smattering of moved threads.

I would not have locked the either the "LOL" or the "Idiot N00bs" thread at the points they were locked, but I don't think locking them was a huge transgression. I do think the "LOL" thread would have degenerated into stupidity eventually, so I think there's no harm done there, especially since TNL has a very liberal appeals process.

I just realized that I am expanding on two more on-topic points brought up by Lhadatt and Sleeveboy, so I am reopening this thread for further discussion.

10. A troll accusing me of abusing my power? Funny stuff.
    The two are mutually exclusive. Now if I was a mod who abused my power accusing you of abusing your power, that'd be funny. But what is funny is you talking about TNL's respectability. Ten trolls couldn't do more harm to TNL's respectability than one mod whose internet dick has gotten way too big.

And don't act like this is the first time someone has accused you of such. You abuse your power. I know it. You know it. Im sure Nick knows it. Everybody knows it.