Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why are threads being arbitrarily locked now?

1. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    The two are mutually exclusive. Now if I was a mod who abused my power accusing you of abusing your power, that'd be funny. But what is funny is you talking about TNL's respectability. Ten trolls couldn't do more harm to TNL's respectability than one mod whose internet dick has gotten way too big.

And don't act like this is the first time someone has accused you of such. You abuse your power. I know it. You know it. Im sure Nick knows it. Everybody knows it.
    I am not aware of any recent situations since I gave up my forum admin rights where I have abused my authority, either here or on IRC. I freely admit that I was out of line then, but I believe I am being rather fair now.

The amount of anti-me posts from you has risen dramatically lately, probably because I banned you from the chat channel. Let me deal with that now:

You were banned from #tnl for various reasons, among which are kicking people without due cause, abuse of power, trolling and generally being billigerant. Your behavior was not acceptable, and I received numerous complaints on it. I gave you quite a while to stop, I gave you multiple chances after you did things with your op powers that I told you not to on several occasions. Deopping you didn't stop you being disruptive -- you were outright flaming me in the channel. I don't mind that so much as I do your attitude in general. Being opped in a chat channel is not an excuse to do whatever you want -- be moderate in your behavior, not excessive. I don't see why banning you from chat is an abuse of my power if you can't behave.

2. LOL. When Jeremy or whoever whined to you about being kicked, I stopped. I never banned anyone and kicking someone from IRC is no big deal anyway, because they can come back in immediately after. I wasnt abusing power at all. But in any case, that's not why you de-opped me. You de-opped me for breaking rules that you or anyone else, including Nick, didnt set for #TNL. Hell Im pretty sure I showed the ddrex2 picture to Nick himself and he didnt do anything, so there you go.

And besides, I was outright flaming you after you came in, said nothing, de-opped me, then left, without explantion. What do you expect me to say? "Oh, Lhadatt, look at what a good guy he is, de-opping me and then leaving without a word". After I said that, Rich told on me, and then you came in and banned me. You didn't ban me for my "bad behavior" as an op. You banned me because Rich told on me like a little baby and you pissed your pants and had to ban me in retaliation or something. Your behavior was rude and childish to the extreme.

And then you didnt respond to me when I asked you what "tormenting other ops" meant. I dont understand why you were such a chickenshit to not respond to me then, over PM, or giving me an explanation later by PM on TNL or by email, but instead you waited to do this on TNL in public. Its ridiculous.

3. I really don't think it's appropriate for a mod to have a vendetta or ongoing grudge against another board/chat member.

You guys need to bury the hatchet and move past this problem. It really does make TNL look bad.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. especially in this forum

5. Thinking I have a grudge against Diffusion is like snorting baking soda. I made a decision based upon his behavior. I didn't have to tell him why, but I chose to because he is using the IRC channel incident as an excuse to badger me on the forum.

I'm not going into how a moderator/op publicly explaining his actions could make the site look "bad" -- the conflict here is one-sided, I'm not the one prolonging it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Lhadatt
    There was no more discussion going on there. The idea was presented, then it broke down into normal chitchat. It's not something that's going to happen on TNL any time soon.
    The thread only made it to like 10 posts, and you have no way of knowing what further input or suggestions are going to be presented. The side comments made weren't even off topic.

1 initial suggestion post
    3 posts that supported the idea
    1 that presented an alternate solution
    1 that commented on that solution
    2 responding to an ON TOPIC joke
    1 with Lhadatt whining about people whining
    1 post by josh that was totally off topic

and then you closed it, because the answer was no and you didn't care to hear about it anymore, but it's called feedback for a reason. How about letting more than the 9 people who got in before the lock give feedback on it? The thread should have been left open even though the answer was no. Other users may have some good ideas to curb the problem, or if there is enough of a consensus in the community maybe you'll change your minds. That's what this forum is for right? if Josh's post bothered you so much that could have easily been deleted. The fact is 9 of 10 posts were on topic.

In before lock

7. Quote Originally Posted by Lhadatt
    Thinking I have a grudge against Diffusion is like snorting baking soda. I made a decision based upon his behavior. I didn't have to tell him why, but I chose to because he is using the IRC channel incident as an excuse to badger me on the forum.

I'm not going into how a moderator/op publicly explaining his actions could make the site look "bad" -- the conflict here is one-sided, I'm not the one prolonging it.
    Except your explanation is ridiculous and ultimately, bullshit. Look, when you banned me for posting, I forget what, on TNL, did I complain? Nope. I am reasonable when treatment is fair. But I am bringing this up now because what you did on #TNL was horse shit.

This could have been resolved over PM but you chose to ignore me. Come on, grow up and stop acting high and mighty just because your name is bold. Its amazing that you're still a mod or an op around here, it really is.

8. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Except your explanation is ridiculous and ultimately, bullshit. Look, when you banned me for posting, I forget what, on TNL, did I complain? Nope. I am reasonable when treatment is fair. But I am bringing this up now because what you did on #TNL was horse shit.

This could have been resolved over PM but you chose to ignore me. Come on, grow up and stop acting high and mighty just because your name is bold. Its amazing that you're still a mod or an op around here, it really is.
    "Spoken like a true asshole!"

Just get over it and stop acting like a n00b.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. Doc Holliday: Stop trying to annoy me by thinking youre hardcore and calling me out. This is, by the way, the last time I am going to respond to you when you act like a stupid vagina.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    "Spoken like a true asshole!"

Just get over it and stop acting like a n00b.
    Better duck for cover, son.