Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are threads being arbitrarily locked now?

1. Why are threads being arbitrarily locked now?

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...ad.php?t=29685

It was a stupid thread, but it didn't need to be locked. It comes off as really petty and unnecessary.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

2. Talk to Lhadatt about it. I'd unlock it, but undoing moderation isn't my style. *cough*.

3. I'd rather lock it than send Yet Another Korian Thread to Brigh--er, Fight Club.

4. He locked it because it's a new policy I enactec when I was made the phantom mod: All threads started by Korian are to be locked immediatly!

5. Yes. Teh Ph4nt0m M0d is my lord and mastar.

6. That was a bit on the weak side. The thread was stupid, but there's no reason to lock it.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Yep.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

8. I explained this to Kano via PM, but I'll go ahead and repeat it here:

You are not entitled to have your stupid threads, or the stupid threads of others, moved to FC.

If someone posts a flamebait thread outside of FC, or a thread that is clearly redundant or devoid of any value, moderators are within their discretion to lock it. Most of the time our policy is to move rather than lock, but we can and will lock a thread if we feel that such action will better preserve order.

Korian's thread was clearly flamebait and served no purpose by being open that was not already served by the, oh, umpteen thousand million other Korian threads in FC and elsewhere.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

9. But can't he get points for entertaining flamebait?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. i would have rather him just delete it entirely.......but thats just me.