Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: $5 Games at Best Buy

1. Just got back from Best Buy and there was absolutely nothing left. I got there as soon as the doors opened and myself and about five other people went straight for the videogame section only to be greatly disappointed when all but two (Dead to Rights and WWE Crush Hour) of the $5 cards were empty.

Honestly, just save yourself the time and gas and don't go out of your way to check out a Best Buy today, as the news about this sale has apparantly spread rather quickly .

2. Mine was completely out of stock of GGXX, despite having plenty of copies last week, the same goes for Wario Ware. I still managed to snag Golden Sun: the Lost Age, XGRA, and Bloody Roar Extreme though, so I'm happy.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. It seems that most of game were even gone before the markdowns. Beyond the 15 $5 titles I found between two store, I only found 4 or 5 cards that had been sold out.

4. Yeah, this sucks. I'm mostly mad at myself for not seeing it sooner. Not that there was any warning or anything. But god, I could've saved several hundred dollars and a lot of future ebay trolling if I'd been online when the news hit. Anyone know if anything of this magnitude has happened before? Such low prices on such a wide range of quality titles nationwide? Makes that $5 Rygar EB mistake seem like a speck (and that was pretty big).

God, I'm bummed. So many games I coulda marked off my "to buy" list. And the pain doesn't end here. Down the line, as I end up buying these games for $20 or whatever (normally a good bargain), it's gonna sting as I remember how I could've had them for $5.

5. I'm sure we'll all be doing that. I'm just happy to have gotten what I did, if nothing else, they'll probably be worth double what I paid in trade-in credit.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

6. I bought like 9 different 4.99 games off BB.com yesterday...

About half are back ordered though...

7. Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Yeah, this sucks. I'm mostly mad at myself for not seeing it sooner. Not that there was any warning or anything. But god, I could've saved several hundred dollars and a lot of future ebay trolling if I'd been online when the news hit. Anyone know if anything of this magnitude has happened before? Such low prices on such a wide range of quality titles nationwide? Makes that $5 Rygar EB mistake seem like a speck (and that was pretty big).
    But like I stated earlier, 80% of these games probably weren't at your local store even on Monday morning at open, when the markdowns occured.

8. If anyone manages to find Guilty Gear XX, Chaos Legion, Freedom Fighters GC, Lost Kingdoms 2, Wario World, Golden Sun, Dead to Right GC, and Metal Arms Xbox, i'll buy them off you as soon as you reply. I know its futile, but a man can dream.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

9. Lordmrw, that list is basically every game I went looking for myself. Unfortunatly he only one I found was a single copy of Dead to Rights.

10. the only one i got on there is metal arms and i need that for myself. sorry, bub.