Thread: Can I convert winamp files into other media files?

1. Can I convert winamp files into other media files?

I have a few winamp files and want to burn them to a cd but the burner will only burn certain media files. The files I want to burn are only winamp files so I need to convert them to something else. How do I do this?

2. By winamp do you mean MP3? Well, a couple things I can suggest -- between the two they should just about cover all your bases:

- Goldwave. Open, save as new file type (presumably .wav). Done.
    - dBpowerAMP. Great for batch converts, but without the sheer flexibility of file types. Still, should do the trick in most cases.

Or you could try different burning software. It's really quite strange for it to not acknowledge MP3 these days.

3. XM are fasttracker 'extended module' files. Try this:

Make sure Winamp is open and press Ctrl-P. Under plug-ins, then output, you should see a list of options down the right-hand side. Select Nullsoft Disk Writer. Next time you play a file through Winamp, it should write a wav file to disk. You can use the configure option at the bottom to specify a file path, and make sure you switch back to whatever output settings you were using before Disk Writer once you're through.

Fasttracker itself probably supports .wav output -- I've no experience with it myself, though.