Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Connection Recommendations Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by DArque Bishop
    This may be a really stupid question as I'm not familiar with the DVD capabilities of the X-Box... but why would you need a separate DVD player, especially if it doesn't support progressive scan?
    What Despair said... and I had the both my DVD players before the Xbox was released...

Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    wow that's cheap. How is it? Any sacrifices due to cost? If i had some extra bucks i'd be all over that.
    The only sacrifice I can see is that it doesn't have a DVI input. Now that I have gotten my grubby hands on it, I have no complaints whatsoever. Panzer Dragoon Orta in HD and Dolby 5.1 = What God intended video games to be.

2. Point taken. I had been planning on getting a PS2 but still using my Apex AD-1200 as my DVD player... but then, I don't have a nice TV like Yoshi's getting. :-)
    For a dark man shall come unto the House of God, and the darkness shall be upon him, yea, even within him.

-- From Noctropolis: Night Visions

http://www.darquecathedral.org/images/drkcathedral.jpe http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/mko.jpe

3. I'd get a good component switch box ASAP. Using anything less makes the picture worthless on your TV (blurry, grainy, nasty). I've got the same line of Samsung from last year (TXN3296HFX) and everything looks better in component - not just prog. scan stuff.

Yeah. Component all the way.

Just for fun, here's what I have stuck in mine -

Component:
    Voom HDTV Sat. Box
    Xbox & PS2 to a receiver to TV

S-Video:
    NGC

I use my Xbox for DVD until I can afford to get a decent one and there's a few things higher on my HT list at the moment. And as soon as I get a component switch I'll promote the NGC connection to full time component and quit this switching out nonsense.

4. Get a swticher. Or better yet if your made of money an AV reciever with Component inputs.

But otherwise, Id do the same you have done. The Cable needs a component to operate in HD, and the bulk of the HD will likely be coming from that device. The Xbox since it simply supports the most Higher def/progressive stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf
    HDTV Cable Box (if no DVI input)

Doing this would make the HDTV cable box totaly useless. Composte doesnt pass HD.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin