Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zack de la Rocha

1. Quote Originally Posted by lithium
    Did I miss something?
    I'm a huge B-boys fan.

They're the greatest thing to happen to music since Beethoven. So I have to mention thier Soc Commentary too... they were rapping about White Castle & Krispy Kreme long before they started popping up in every gas station.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

lithium Guest
    I'm still deciphering all the social commentary in "Paul Revere" and "Brass Monkey".

3. Quote Originally Posted by sethsez
    Michael Moore is a twat and the closest thing the left has to Ann Coulter.
    Yes, they both suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    They're the greatest thing to happen to music since Beethoven.
    No. Bad N00b, bad!

White Castle fries only come in one size!
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

4. Beastie Boys were somewhat political before, but really lightly. Scant messages in music videos and stuff. Then Hello Nasty they got pretty into it with all the "Free Tibet" stuff. Then they released that internet exclusive song "World gone mad" or whatever, and it was really awful. Its like they wrote it in 2 minutes while watching television. So glad its not going to be on the new album.

Zack De La Rocha released his protest song at like the same time, and was ok. Its really more hip hop which makes sense. But like the beasties song he used less metaphors and just used current events news headlines it seemed, which is far less interesting and makes a poorer song as well. His new album is going to take forever you can just tell. People are forgetting about him fast with Audioslave being so successfull. So he better pump it out before Rage fades from peoples minds.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    They're the greatest thing to happen to music since Beethoven.
    Fur Elise = Fight for Your Right...?

6. I seen on the Def Jux site, that he's supposed to be working with EL-P on his solo album now.

7. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Zack De La Rocha is shit and his political "commentary" is laughable. If you're 15 and pissed off at nothing in particular I suppose he provides a good channel for your anger, but Im not 15 nor am I pissed off. He's a joke.

And also, STFU n00b.
    Wow. I agree with you for once.
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

8. Rage owns your souls.

9. Beastie Boys piss me off.

Let me get this straight they were essentially a party band all about banging chicks and drinking beer, occasionally going to town on the Sherrif's daughters privates with a wiffle ball bat. And then one miraculous day they decided they wanted to "say a little something thats long overdue, the disrespect to women has got to be through"??? What the fuck? What happened to "Girls, to do the dishes, and clean up my room"?? What happened to the 12 foot inflatable penis they used on tour when they were opening up for Madonna in the eighties? They got real lame and old when they got political and decided that world gave a shit about their causes. I still like them as musicians, but I'm not even sure if they've released anything musical since "The In Sound from Way Out", and I can't sift through their bullshit albums to find the "Sabrosa", "Transitions" or "Rickys Theme" diamond in the rough. Fuck the Beasties, forty year old dudes rapping sheesh.

10. I think they're trying to say something about the duality of man...

...It's called growing up. It will happen to you too, one day.

Another thing, this thread is about Rage, not the beasties, so accept the fact that they are Masters of thier craft, and get over it.

Thank You, I will be in town all week!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt