Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zack de la Rocha

1. Japan Zack de la Rocha

The Battle of Los Angeles was a masterpiece.

Not only was the music catchy and energizing (Ashes in the fall with it’s synth like riff), but the album actually had substance.

Has anyone read the lyrics recently? Those songs were practically a prophecy of things to come. Testify predicts the second Gulf War and denounces America’s dependence on oil. Guerilla Radio criticized the upcoming election in 2000, which ended in a fiasco. And Sleep Now In The Fire describes the world through the eyes of a conservative extremist, perhaps a world where The House, The Senate, and White House are all controlled by Republicans. In Testify he chants, “He who controls the past now, controls the future.”

Wait… where are we now? Do we have another Bush and another War?

Don’t get me wrong , I’m a political centrist. A lot of liberals piss me off too (hmmm… Michael Moore). But Zack de la Rocha’s voice was one that needed to be heard.

Rage broke up just before the election and Zack has yet to do anything big (one song/no album), when perhaps now is the time we need him most.

If you’re out there Zack, where are you man? We need you.

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. he's working on a solo project with DJ Shadow I think.

3. Zack De La Rocha is shit and his political "commentary" is laughable. If you're 15 and pissed off at nothing in particular I suppose he provides a good channel for your anger, but Im not 15 nor am I pissed off. He's a joke.

And also, STFU n00b.

4. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Zack De La Rocha is shit and his political "commentary" is laughable. If you're 15 and pissed off at nothing in particular I suppose he provides a good channel for your anger, but Im not 15 nor am I pissed off. He's a joke.
    Agreed.

lithium Guest
    Yeah, but Battle of Los Angeles really is a good rock album. And Michael Moore is awesome.

6. PC

Yeah I know, I kind of contradicted myself, 'cuase Micheal Moore directed the Sleep Now in the Fire video, which that photo is from.

He still pisses me off sometimes. I agree with his points... just not his methods.

Like his latest movie, Fahrenheit 911, I would have said it was going to be shit, that he went too far, but then it ran off and won the Palme d'Or at Cannes. So now it has credibility and I think I’ll have to see it and give it a chance.

As far as De la Rocha – I have to stand my ground. He’s a genius and the best social commentator/rocker we had in the 90’s*.

*next to the Beastie Boys of course.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Quote Originally Posted by arjue
    he's working on a solo project with DJ Shadow I think.
    Yea he is, and its been too long in the making. I hope he gets it out soon. We've waited long enough having to endure Audioslave. But he does have a single out called March of Death in case u didnt know that u can get from his website...its been out for some time at http://www.zackdelarocha.com/

nothing much on the website but this is his.

8. From what I heard, the dj shadow and zach project is up in the air. Shadow commented about having the tracks done and needed zach to come in the studio to finish and do vocals....and he never showed up or called.

lithium Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    *next to the Beastie Boys of course.
    Did I miss something?

10. Michael Moore is a twat and the closest thing the left has to Ann Coulter.