Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Episode 2 Thread: Share your excitment

1. Episode 2 Thread: Share your excitment

Well, It just 3 more days until it hits the screen, and many of us already have tickets for first showings, or midnight screenings of this film. We all have our hopes high, that the film will be good.

Here is the Ebert's review of it from his web site:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/ebert...r-ebert10.html

Usually, if critic's give a movie bad score I tend to want to see it more, since I usually enjoy it more than they do. And here he rated EP2 with only 2 stars. I hope it means it will be good

zidane747 Guest
    Hell yeah Despair!! Since I'm probably the biggest SW fan here(I have seen TPM 98 times, and I have 4 copies of the OT. Obsessed? Maybe. Hardcore? Hell yeah), I'm definitely going. 12:01 AM for me this thursday. I just hope this is as good as Episode I, and if it is, great. Yoda fights in this one!!

3. I don't put any stock in Ebert's reviews, personally I think the guy is losing it, especially since Gene Siskel died. I think that warped his fragile little mind, losing his lifelong friend like that and the extraordinary chemistry and quasi-homosexual sexual tension they had between them.

Here are some better reviews of AotC:

http://www.splicedonline.com/02reviews/starwars2.html

http://pub54.ezboard.com/funofficial...picID=27.topic

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/entertainme...he_clones.html

Much better
    omg TNL epics!

4. I am excited, much more than Spiderman, even though Spiderman was a first and this is the 5th film in the SW series. I got my tickets for the midnight showing on Wednesday, and I'm gonna get there early to have a good seat. Oh, anyone see the fan films thing on the SciFi channel? Its being reapeted, so you can catch it if you missed it. I thought the films would be of higher quality, but its worth seeing for cheap laughs.

5. I'll be camping out for a few hours Wednesday night for the 12:01am showing.

I won't read any reviews for the movie. They don't know what they're talking about anyway. I mean, they thought Resident Evil sucked. (And we know it didn't )

6. I'm definitely psyched about AOC, even though I wont see it this week, Ill prolly end up reading the book before I go se the movie too.

As for Ebert, haven't had a chance to read his review but that dude is definately gay and losing his mind.

has anyone seen the preview that was shown before Spiderman starring Yoda? Perhaps the best. trailer. ever.

7. In commemoration of Star Wars Ep. 2, I'm wearing a different Star Wars shirt every day.

What do I have on today? A classic shirt elegant in it's simplicity. On the front it has the Star Wars logo emblazoned on the left side, the back simply has a picture of the original movie poster of Star Wars. The collar has the Rebel Alliance insignia on each side and complements the overall design of the shirt quite well.

Tomorrow? Undecided. I've definately narrowed it down to either my Ewok tee modeled after the decidedly horrid Ewok movie. Or another collared Star wars shirt similar to the one described above, only this time the theme is 'Empire Strikes Back'.

And, yes, I'm excited about Episode 2.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

8. heard theres a natalie portman shower scene :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

9. Originally posted by Klonoa
    heard theres a natalie portman shower scene :/
    And this bothers you in a negative light? O_o

(btw, yes Despair sir...I am excited! 2 more days - woo hoo!)

10. Good to hear that you all excited, guys

The thing that bothers me, that they say there are too much talking in some parts of the film, and such scenes can really disrupt the temp of the movie, like it happened with Spiderman. Oh, Well I just have to wait and see for myself

Lookin forward that Shower scene But it will be a PG rated verison of it