Thread: (kinda getting common) Looking to get a Laptop.

1. (kinda getting common) Looking to get a Laptop.

I am getting a laptop for graduation and I was wondering what you guys thought the best was. Here is what I am looking at.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...4&Adoid=164624

Seems pretty nice, and price isnt to extreme.

Other options is going to my local gateway. Or, I have been informed the new Mac G4 laptops are coming out soon. The Mac/PC thing isnt a big thing to me, so if you think I should wait for those say so. Any other option are welcome (around 2500 or lower).
    your mom

2. Customer service is not a big deal. I have never used it and dont ever plan on using customer service...well..I did when I tried to get Road Runner, but that is it.

Know anything about the G4 macs?
    your mom

Andy787 Guest
    DEFINITELY get the service plan. Scratch your screen and it'll cost you more to replace it than it did to buy the whole Laptop, and you're not going to find anyone other than the manufacturer that will repair a laptop. Anyway, Andyrose's suggestion is a good one, and if they don't have something to your need, CompUSA wouldn't be a bad choice either.

4. i would recommend a toshiba for the pc side, but as always i would go for a mac.
    "Punch the yeti! Win a free Llama!"

5. You may also want to look at Dell. Be sure to get at least a 32 megabyte video card if you are going to do any gaming.