Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Broadband adapter For GC This Fall

1. Broadband adapter For GC This Fall

Well thats nice, it seems nintendo is selling their broadband adaptor this fall for 34.99 as well as the dial up one. so if PSO if free to play this fall.. I'm all over it..

full story at

Gamespot

wEEman33 Guest
    Hopefully this will hit the market just in-time for the next batch of Sega Sports games and hopefully Seganet, or whatever they decide to call the new servers, will remain free.

3. So we should expect this adapter sometime next June?
    It's a mirror image!

4. Well, I think it's smart they they'll have the option for broadbnd or dialup. Sadly way too many people can't get broadband yet.... and I also think that price is pretty good too. As long as some good games come along and support it, it sounds nice.

Golgo 13 Guest
    Reuters

According to Reuters, Nintendo's Vice President Perrin Kaplan said that they will not collect any kind of access fees or additional revenue for their online games. Individual publishers will be responsible for providing networks for their games to play on. This implies that Nintendo's online games will be free once you buy the game itself, while third parties are free to setup and charge for their online games however they like.

6. My question.

When is broadband going to be affordable?

*-neo

7. I hear there is no fee to play online for PSO, if that's true it would kickass, I finally would get to play this game.

8. My question.

When is broadband going to be affordable?
    anyone?..

*crickets*
    anyone?..

9. $40 a month (a common price) for broadband ain't bad, when you consider how much faster it is than dial-up.

Back to topic, I wonder if GCN PSO runs at 60 fps now. Hope so!

10. Originally posted by Golgo 13
    Reuters

According to Reuters, Nintendo's Vice President Perrin Kaplan said that they will not collect any kind of access fees or additional revenue for their online games. Individual publishers will be responsible for providing networks for their games to play on. This implies that Nintendo's online games will be free once you buy the game itself, while third parties are free to setup and charge for their online games however they like.
    So Nintendo's first party online games won't have a monthy fee, but 3rd party games might... does Nintendo actually have any online games in the works? Because I'm pretty sure that Sega will be having a monthly charge for playing PSO on the gamecube.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2