Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ys Remakes: Discuss.

1. [QUOTE=jarrod]Nope, it's for developed games. For example, Hudson published Ys V for Falcom.

Nah, Falcom published it as their only SFC game.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Recap
    Nah, Falcom published it as their only SFC game.
    not true. they published brandish and popful mail themselves as well. as well as expert versions of brandish and ys v. why in the fuck we got brandish in the US and not ys v or popful mail is beyond me, however.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ferricide
    not true. they published brandish and popful mail themselves as well. as well as expert versions of brandish and ys v. why in the fuck we got brandish in the US and not ys v or popful mail is beyond me, however.
    To clear this up a bit, Falcom only published Brandish 2 Expert. Brandish & Brandish 2 are both Koei games. All of the others you are correct about.

4. Quote Originally Posted by holsomeness
    To clear this up a bit, Falcom only published Brandish 2 Expert. Brandish & Brandish 2 are both Koei games. All of the others you are correct about.
    You mean ported and published by Koei, right? All of the original PC Brandish games were by Falcom.

5. Quote Originally Posted by jiji
    You mean ported and published by Koei, right? All of the original PC Brandish games were by Falcom.
    Yes I was referring to the SFC games Koei published.

6. Quote Originally Posted by holsomeness
    To clear this up a bit, Falcom only published Brandish 2 Expert.
    And again, nope. Brandish 2 Expert was made and published by Koei themselves. I forgot Popful Mail, which was indeed published by Falcom. So there're two Falcom games for the SFC: Ys V -Ushinawareta Suna no Miyako Kefin- and Popful Mail. Ys V was remade as "Ys V Expert", so a total of three, if you prefer.