Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about a classic gaming board?

1. How about a classic gaming board?

You know for the 8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit, translation news, free games, remakes, aswell as retrospective discussion on how games have changed for the better/worse?

2. .... What's the problem with doing this in Gaming?

3. Because the gaming board is very quick now, and a lot of stuff gets lost in the process.

It would be nice to have a separate forum so you can find free games quicker and find the history of a game series if you are interested instead of people regurgitating the same thing over and over in every incarnation of said game(see RE4 *dodges bullets*).

And I find it hard to remember if I posted about the translation of certain games. Like "sweet home"(Precursor to Resident Evil on NES), "Cosmo Police Galivan"(the NES game that a lot of people like call the precursor to SotN). Or posted about the remake of the original Zelda and the java version of Dungeon Master. And also a place where people can point to games which have interesting new ideas that people can mess around with.

A lot of the threads topics in this sort of area is the kind that should be there for people to come back to instead of arbitarily bumping threads so that a question or two gets answered(see the SNES DQ thread).

4. Even if there was a seperate forum for it, I don't think it would end up any different from how it would work in Gaming. Besides, there's already far too many sub-forums in there right now... As for remembering about what you posted, that's why the search engine is there.

I am definitely opposed to creating more sub-boards in Gaming Discussion, especially a classic gaming one. I feel that all gaming should be talked about in the same place, whether it's old or new, console or PC. I think part of the reason TNL is a superior place to talk gaming is that it doesn't divide gaming discussion into a million categories.

6. I am vehemently opposed to any further subforums in Gaming, but I understand your concern.

7. Thanks for the feedback.

8. Perhaps I'll incorporate this on my upcoming in the Communities venue.

9. Sweet.

10. It's post e3 time, the board will slow down again.