Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: vBulletin 3.0.1 upgrade

1. vBulletin 3.0.1 upgrade

Please post here if you come across any anomalous occurances with the new forum software (red x's, stuff not working okay etc.) And here's a list of features, both returning and new:

Returning features:

- Post count shields
    - Post concatenator (double post prevention)
    - Thread descriptions

New features:

- Users can open/close their own threads now (incase you post duplicate threads)
    - Great new ebay-esque trader feedback system for the trade depot
    - Total ignore. I'm bringing this back on a sole condition -- that the members of the forum try and act more civil towards eachother. This means that stuff that should not be on the public boards stays off the public boards. Slip up and it'll be gone again.
    - (moderators) Editting of thread description via the 'Edit Thread' menu. Pretty self-explanatory.

Brainstorming/Coming soon:

- things

2. The colors are like reversed. Im not feeling the dark color.

3. Yeah, I see what you mean (especially in the postbits)

4. It could be just Mozilla, or just Mac, or both. On the gaming subforums, the titles of the forums take up a huge box, and the title posts are all scrunched together. No big deal, just different from the previous version.

5. Schlep, i have the same problem with ie4 (i can't upgrade the browser at work.) oddly, i don't have the problem with firefox.

6. same problem with IE6. well the titles arent scrunched together but the sub forums take up a large area.

7. edit: nvm, the sub forum problem in classic is fixed.

8. As a show of good faith, I've enabled registered users to open/close their own threads incase they happen to accidentally post a duplicate (instead of having to wait for a moderator to close/merge it with another.) I have faith that this option will be used responsibly and properly.

9. One thing I've been noticing is that the site's been forcing me to the TNL Classic Gamma theme whenever I switch to a different browser, even though my default choice should be VBulletin 3 White.

Anyone else having this issue?
    For a dark man shall come unto the House of God, and the darkness shall be upon him, yea, even within him.

-- From Noctropolis: Night Visions

http://www.darquecathedral.org/images/drkcathedral.jpe http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/mko.jpe

10. The "default" in the software is Classic. Try setting vb3 white as your style in the usercp rather than the drop-down menu at the bottom of each page, since that'll surely update the database and/or your cookies.