Thread: Computer Start Up Problem

1. Computer Start Up Problem

My computer, as of late, has had this funny little habbit of just continously beeping when I go to turn it on. Nothing else happens; The monitor is blank and the only way I can get the beeping to stop is to unplug the main power supply.
    Oddly, this usually goes on for a few days and then, for no real reason, I'll try turning my computer on again and I have no problem (As was the case this morning).
    Any idea why my computer is doing this and does anyone know how this can be solved? Thank you.

2. http://www.ingleby.com/repair-bios_c...rror_codes.htm
    POST Beeping Error General Codes

• 0 Beeps - Short, No power, Bad CPU/MB, Loose Peripherals
    • 1 Beep - Everything is normal and Computer POSTed fine
    • 1 Short Beep Then Nothing Happens - Disk drive related problem / Video card problem
    • 1 Continuous Beeps, or 2 non-stop/short beeps - Bad power supply
    • 1 Long Beep, 1 Short Beep - Motherboard Problem
    • 1 Long Beep, 2 Short Beeps - Video Problem
    • 2 Beeps - POST/CMOS Error
    • 3 Long Beeps - Keyboard Error
    • 3 Short Beeps - Bad memory
    • Repeated Long Beeps - Memory Error
    • Continuous Hi-Lo Beeps - CPU Overheating
    These codes DO vary from one manufacturer to another. Almost all computers list the appropriate codes in the User's manual under technical information or the troubleshooting section, so be sure to check the manual and verify what the codes mean.
    sounds like bad news to me. strange that it sometimes works, though.

3. A definite RTFM reply. Check out what it says about the POST beeps in your motherboard manual.

Also, though, check your monitor cable is securely fixed. On my old computer it had a habit of doing that when it didn't detect a monitor attached to the computer. So try with a new cable or something.
    BTFJ

4. Sometimes the video card can get a little loose and juggling the cables fixes it, make sure all the cards, ram and ide cables are seated properly.

Then make sure the fans are spinning, sounds like an overheat..
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

5. it just happens to be summertime too. no doubt its overheating. have all these occurence been on the hottest days?

6. Sounds some what like my problem.. and the thread title is the same haha
    You can never be one of the dead, because something that has no existence can have no community.

Frontiers

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    it just happens to be summertime too. no doubt its overheating. have all these occurence been on the hottest days?
    Nah, just at random, it seems.
    I've been keeping my computer on for the last few days and have had no problem with it since...
    Truth be told, I'm afarid to turn it off for fear of not getting it back up again.