Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: "save picture as..." problem!

  1. "save picture as..." problem!

    For some reason every single time I right click on an image (anywhere) and hit "save picture as" it automaticly goes to save it as a .bmp with the name "untitled". Anyone know whats going on?
    BUY MY GAMES! [~Video Game Print Ads - Twitter - My DS Collection! ~] Currently Playing: Rocket League & CoD Black Ops 3 (X1), SW Force Collection (mobile), SolForge (PC)

  2. that's been annoying the shit out of me lately too. doesn't happen all the time though.

  3. clear your temporary internet files. i dont know why but a guy asked this at sharky and it fixed it. he also wouldnt explain exactly why it fixed it.

  4. Clear your temp files, rebooting after this should help as well.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

  5. yeah. your temporary internet file folder is probably full and it's not overwriting stuff for whatever reason. when you right click -> save as, the image is simply copied from the temp folder to wherever you specify. since the jpeg isn't in the folder, the only thing the browser knows how to do is save it as a bitmap, as it has no picture encoding capabilities.

    this is all an educated guess, though. i've never read up on it..

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Clear your temp files, rebooting after this should help as well.
    am i blocked by you guys or something? i already said that

  7. testy testy - he was just confirming what you said probably.

    A problem i've been having recently is having addresses saved in my address bar in IE (plz no one say use mozilla, i do), this isn't a problem since i'm the only one using my comp and dont really go anywhere i'd be ashamed of but it pisses me off because I TURNED AUTOCOMPLETE OFF! does using mozilla somehow interfere with these settings and turn them off?
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal


  8. Dyne, I was confirming what you said, and adding that rebooting could also help things out if just erasing the temp files doesn't work out. Station, double check to make sure that all of the AutoComplete stuff is unchecked, and I've read that deleting your cookies will help things out as well.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

  9. Quote Originally Posted by station82o
    testy testy - he was just confirming what you said probably.

    A problem i've been having recently is having addresses saved in my address bar in IE (plz no one say use mozilla, i do), this isn't a problem since i'm the only one using my comp and dont really go anywhere i'd be ashamed of but it pisses me off because I TURNED AUTOCOMPLETE OFF! does using mozilla somehow interfere with these settings and turn them off?
    having addresses saved in your IE bar is different from having auto complete on or off. im pretty sure.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    having addresses saved in your IE bar is different from having auto complete on or off. im pretty sure.
    so how does one turn off the addresses saved in the IE bar?
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Games.com logo