Thread: Shonen Knife Drummer Dies in Auto Accident

1. Shonen Knife Drummer Dies in Auto Accident

"This past weekend, a tour van accident claimed the life of Mana “China” Nishiura, drummer for revered Japanese psych-rockers DMBQ and pop-punkers Shonen Knife. Her bandmates and tour manager were also injured…"
    http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-11/07.shtml#dmbq
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Ah that sucks. I love that Daydream Believer cover they did.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

Sad news. I've always dug Shonen Knife.

Another one down...

4. No love for her work in DMBQ?

Never heard them.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Interpol
    No love for her work in DMBQ?
    I love it I was really hoping to get to see them play. What a horrible thing to happen while touring another country.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Never heard them.
    I recommend that you listen to Fable of Thinner Lemon. I think it might be awesome to you possibly. I hear they are amazing live

Quote Originally Posted by Salsashark
    I hear they are amazing live
    Yes but how are they DEAD?

OMGTASTELESSJOKE!
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

8. DMBQ = great. I heard about this on An Albatross's LJ community. Really sad... whenever I think of bands and van crashes I think of the Exploding Hearts and how painful it must be for the guy who lived. Though I imagine it's not a whole lot better for DMBQ and China's family. Sad stuff.

Has she ever recorded with Shonen Knife? As far as I know she was only their drummer for shows. I missed seeing them the last time they came through... pisses me off, because I definitely could have gone, but the ex decided she actually wanted to spend time doing something with me, for once. Not bitter or anything.

9. banana chips no more.