Thread: New and re-worked Super Robot Wars?

1. New and re-worked Super Robot Wars?

Not that there's anything wrong with the current SRW series, but me and a friend came up with a new battle system for the series ala VOOT style with the Evangelion's fighting it out with other mechs, with the Close Combat being the progressive knife, the long range attacks being the proton rife or whatever it was and the other normal attacks fitted to the Eva's and maybe one of the stages being straight out of the Movies and have then fighting on the LCL beack with all the souls floating into the ball with the giant Rei in the background, but thats just a thought and there's no way in hell anyone will ever see something like that anytime soon, but anyone else feel there's something cool you could add or change about the SRW series at all?
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

2. you mean VOOT with different characters?

I wouldn't mind a seperate SRWs tournament game(they
    could join up in G Gundam let's say), but for many mecha,
    there moves aren't suited to that arcade gameplay. Will Voltes V
    be given free reign to combine/catch the sword in the air during
    a 40 second cinema scene that interrupts the fight? It wouldn't be
    good if it did, but it needs to do that, understand?

3. VOOT style gameplay doesn't suit the Super Robot Wars series at all. Better to make an entirely new game focusing on the robots who could actually play in this style, or play Tech Romancer, which is the closest to an 'action' SRW there will ever likely be.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2