Thread: 5 Days to Midnight

1. Uh-oh 5 Days to Midnight

http://www.5daystomidnight.com/

"When college professor J.T. Neumeyer discovers a police file that outlines the details of his murder - which is to take place five days in the future - he wastes no time trying to save his own life."

I've been watching this miniseries on Scifi Channel, and I am enjoying it a lot. It's a murder mystery with a time travel twist (which is the best kind of twist). It's five episodes long, and we're up to episode 3 tonight, so its going to be hard to just jump into it now, but Scifi is going to be replaying this thing a lot, so you'll be able to watch it eventually. So far it's been really good, and its a lot of fun trying to peice together the clues in the show and on the website. Not bad for a miniseri

2. SciFi Channel actually made a good series? I refuse to believe that. I believe you were sent here in March 2002 as a SciFi Channel plant, and you played the part of a happy little poster until called upon by your masters to pimp this very show, as you're doing now.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Stargate SG-1 is awesome. I used to think it was the worst show on TV when Space Channel (Canadian) picked it up and ran it twice, daily. But then I watched a couple shows and got in to the rich plot and well defined characters and now I am hooked. The best comparison I can give it is that it's a lot like DS9 where it's a continuous story that gets better as you progress.

I watch too much Scifi... damn...
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Most of the Scifi series are fucking horseshit, like Lexx, and Invisble Man, not to mention to horrifically bad movies they churn out like Boa vs Python. But despite this scifi is one of my favorite chanels, because of stuff like stargate, farscape, and 5 Days to Midnight really is a quality show that is worth your time.

5. I actually liked the Invisible man, always thought it had a cool premise and innovative ways of using invisibility.

6. I thought Lexx was quite weird, but I enjoyed it just for that.

SG1 can be good, even though I hate Stargate franchise

I've seen previews for this miniseries while I was watching Day of Dead late last Saturday, and it looked decent enough.

7. What? Why would you possibly hate a franchise?

I watched a couple shows of the Invisible Man and it wasn't TOO bad. It definitely wasn't that good. Farscape was a good show, although the directing during most action sequences of the show were god awful. But Farscape wasn't about action, it was about manipulation and emotion more than fighting.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. Well, It started with my hate towards original Star Gate movie, and then when SG1 premiered on Showtime I watched it couple of times and hated it as well.

But it got better with time.

9. That's so silly, it's hilarious! And awesome.

SG-1 is a great, great show. It's very political, though. My comparison of it to the excellent DS9 series was accurate.