Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN NFL2K5 - only $20

WTF ESPN NFL2K5 - only $20

Well it seems Sega has officially gone insane and will be selling their upcoming NFL2K5 for the budget price of $20. IGN Xbox says so right here.

But don't take their word for it, go ahead and preorder it today!

I'm interested to see how or if EA can counter this. Obviously the vast majority of gamers are still going to blindly buy Madden again this year anyway, but maybe the $20 price tag will have at least some of them picking up NFL2K5 as well, and if the game is decidedly superior to Madden, well Madden may be missing a few customers next year.

Or the entire thing could backfire - who knows. Apparently this deal will extend to all of Sega's sports titles too.

edit: oh well figures this was already posted. Now if I could just figure out a way to delete this...

2. edit and pick delete

3. Quote Originally Posted by piku
    Well it seems Sega has officially gone insane and will be selling their upcoming NFL2K5 for the budget price of $20. IGN Xbox says so right here.

But don't take their word for it, go ahead and preorder it today!

I'm interested to see how or if EA can counter this. Obviously the vast majority of gamers are still going to blindly buy Madden again this year anyway, but maybe the $20 price tag will have at least some of them picking up NFL2K5 as well, and if the game is decidedly superior to Madden, well Madden may be missing a few customers next year.

Wow, your post is pretty badly written. Let's see what to counter...

Sega is probably selling ESPN 2k5 because of how badly they did last year against EA, and that their football title is coming out a whole two weeks AFTER Madden debuts.

Last year, Madden absoulutely DESTROYED ESPN 2k4 with the inclusion of Playmaker control, and this year is adding it for the defense, as well as a new analog based tackling system. Not only that, but NOW Madden is Live enabled (which used to be only Sega's domain), plus the ps2 is getting the Madden Collector's Edition. That's the 1-2-3 knockout punch that will put espn 2k5 on the canvas.

And "blindly buy"? That might have been some sort of jab at Madden's fanbase, but the reason Madden fans DO blindly buy the product is because the thing is made some damn well year after year that the fanbase already knows quality when they see it. I know people on TNL who blindly buy shit from a favorite developer, so this is no different.

Even at 20 dollars, alot of the fans are either going to ignore it, or pick it up and say "wow, this isn't as good as madden, i'll never look into this series again". Sega can actually stand to LOSE mainstream customers from this, those people who never gave the ESPN series a chance before.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    edit and pick delete
    trying to find it... must be blind.

edit: i dont think it lets you delete threads, since i can delete this one just fine

edit2: and lol i didnt realize just how one sided that post sounded its funny too because i dont even care which football game is better or sells better because i dont even play them

5. Maybe he wrote that, because Astral already posted this, in the Blue Light District?

6. Thanks for the heads-up preordered mine.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    And "blindly buy"? That might have been some sort of jab at Madden's fanbase, but the reason Madden fans DO blindly buy the product is because the thing is made some damn well year after year that the fanbase already knows quality when they see it. I know people on TNL who blindly buy shit from a favorite developer, so this is no different.
    Last year was the first time in a few years I played a football game and I got to play both ESPN and Madden (Xbox versions). ESPN was pretty good, Madden was a hysterical pile of shit. I seriously cannot understand in the slightest how people can say Madden was the better game, but I'm not normally a realistic videogame sports fan so feel free to ignore me on the matter.
    Even at 20 dollars, alot of the fans are either going to ignore it, or pick it up and say "wow, this isn't as good as madden, i'll never look into this series again". Sega can actually stand to LOSE mainstream customers from this, those people who never gave the ESPN series a chance before.
    So you're saying that if people who never bought the series before and would never buy it again bought it this year, that they still wouldn't buy it again and this somehow causes Sega to lose sales? What?

8. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    .So you're saying that if people who never bought the series before and would never buy it again bought it this year, that they still wouldn't buy it again and this somehow causes Sega to lose sales? What?
    I'm saying that people will buy it, just because it's 20, compare it to Madden, find it to be inferior crap, and tell all their friends how it sucks and just go back to playing Madden.

Therefore, further entrenching Madden as the ONLY football game to get in the minds of casual gamers everywhere.

Sega has had two whole years now to make any sort of a dent and they still haven't, and I hardly think making their football game a bargain bin title will help any. It's almost like they know they have an inferior product so they have to undercut by ALOT.

They can't be making profit at all this way.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

9. but I'm not normally a realistic videogame sports fan so feel free to ignore me on the matter.
    you think people dont ignore you on anything else?

In true sports fashion, lets cut to the scoreboard:

People who like Madden: 3 million and counting
    People who dont like Madden: MechDeus.

HMM!

10. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    you think people dont ignore you on anything else?
    I feel honored to join your ranks, but you really need to stop posting love notes for me all over.
    People who like Madden: 3 million and counting
    People who dont like Madden: MechDeus.

HMM!
    I'm the only one? Amazing how well I've done helping to keep the other franchises in business.