Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PS2 Modem/Ethernet Adapter price.

1. Re: Re: PS2 Modem/Ethernet Adapter price.

Originally posted by EThugg

Anyone who pays the $250 for this and the PS2 when they could get a XB for $200 needs to be shot. Repeatedly. In front of friends and family. On national television. As the half time show during a Super Bowl.

You're talking to a board full of people who'll spend $400 on a single game they probably won't even like. That dollar value switch was clapped-off a long time ago.

Still, that'd demolish Aerosmith, N'SYNC & Britney Spears at halftime.
    -Kyo

2. The XBox does play DVD's, I know because my brothers use it EVERY day to watch movies.

It works good too.

As for Final Fantasy, that was a great series once upon a time, now it's overrated garbage.

Microsoft has already shown their ability to create AAA 1st party titles, now if they'd just dedicate all their powers to making a killer RPG, they'd blow the doors off the FF series.

3. Originally posted by GameFreak
    The XBox does play DVD's, I know because my brothers use it EVERY day to watch movies.

It works good too.

As for Final Fantasy, that was a great series once upon a time, now it's overrated garbage.

Microsoft has already shown their ability to create AAA 1st party titles, now if they'd just dedicate all their powers to making a killer RPG, they'd blow the doors off the FF series.
    You, gentle sir, could not possibly be taking me seriously could you?

I know it plays DVD's. I have an Xbox - given the GREVIOUS typos and manner in which I wrote them one could assume I was haveing a little joke.

For what it's worth - I agree with you for the most part. The playback is of good quality and the first party output actually champions the system (see the Sega Support thread for my lenthy monolouge on that). Blowing away FF? Not thier past works - hell, I'd like to see something at the level of FFX... so far besides it all I've seen are horendously sub-standard RPG's on PS2 and... PS2. You can buy a better game I'm sure - so I would count MS out of the running to make RPG of the Year... except there's something called Marrowind and Final Fantasy's "doors" so to speak are long, long gone.

ºTracer
    o_O

Damnit, and I just paid $25 for Frequency like a week ago...

grr better quickly sell it becomes common knowledge that it is a pack-in.

5. Re: PS2 Modem/Ethernet Adapter price.

Originally posted by TracerBullet
    $50 US. It will come with an Online Frequency which is compatible with both Dial-Up and Broadband.

ºTracer
    i heard it was $40

6. Re: Re: PS2 Modem/Ethernet Adapter price.

Originally posted by EThugg

Anyone who pays the $250 for this and the PS2 when they could get a XB for $200 needs to be shot. Repeatedly. In front of friends and family. On national television. As the half time show during a Super Bowl.
    Maybe they're willing to pay the money because they'll have a console with a far better library of games?
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

7. Originally posted by GameFreak
    Have you actually played FFX?

If you think it is garbage, whatever. I personally think it is one of the best FF titles ever, and I wasn't a huge fan of the last few FF titles.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

8. Originally posted by TracerBullet
    • HDD Release Date: ???
    • sometime in 2003
    • Many Games, not all, WILL require an Install in order to use the HDD features it may have.
    doubt it
  9. 15" Flat Panel Monitor will NOT be released.
was this ever announced?
  • SOCOM Navy Seals, SCEA's killer 3rd person online squad-based shooter will support Dial-Up, but according to someone I've talked to at SCEA - the game will HIGHLY recommend broadband.
  • its broadband only..as dialup users will lag themselves as well as other users. might as well not play the game online
  • No games announced or soon to be anounced will be Broadband only,
  • read above ^
  • NO word on Pack-in software such as Netscape or AOL. Last I heard, and I'm not certian on this, that Netscape will be included on the HDD.
  • aol, at&t, prodigy, sympatico, earthlink will be in the software disc inorder for you to go online

Re: Re: PS2 Modem/Ethernet Adapter price.

Originally posted by bandit

i heard it was $40
    My POS says $40.

Re: Re: Re: PS2 Modem/Ethernet Adapter price.

Originally posted by StriderKyo
    Still, that'd demolish Aerosmith, N'SYNC & Britney Spears at halftime.
    Shush... nothing could demolish Britney Spears.

Except for the obvious perverted comment, which I will keep to myself.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12