Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Irem has started on a new R-Type?

Leo is quite good but it doesn't feel like R-Type.

Delta is also good. I should play mine more. I like it more than Einhander but less than Thunder Force V.

3 I still have to buy. It might be the best one although I have more nostalgia for the original.

2. I like the first four levels of R-Type 1 and (all of) R-Type Delta about equally. Both superb.

Delta is probably my favorite 32-bit shooter. It is certainly the only one I've played nearly as much as my 16-bit favorites.

Guess I don't like today's shooters. (I just buy them. :P)

I get that feeling too about today's home shooters. I rarely even play them all the way through. Arcade shooters are another story though. Cave's games like ESPrade, Guwange and Progear are highly original and fun. Why can't those shooters see home releases?

4. what games are included on that r-types compilation disc?

5. R-Type and R-Type 2.

Seems kind of skimpy, but they are in rare form on this compilation. They are the best modern console retro-conversions I've ever seen. Almost arcade perfect, as far as I can tell... but with some thoughtful features like stage select and wait control. Highly recommended if you like R-Type, or want to see what it's about.

6. Originally posted by Rob
    I see Delta is the best more often. I still need to play it. Been on my "to get" list for a long time.
    I like delta better than 3 also . Delta has way more strategy with its 4 ships , and forces you to think alot more . And it has my favourite ship:the one with the anchor force module.

7. R-Type Leo is very good, just different. It reminds me a bit of Last Resort in the way your options launch at the enemy (although they home like the TF series' Hunter, rather than requiring you to aim them).

I'm looking forward to the new one... hopefully it'll be PS2 bound.