Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece lisenced by 4Kids

1. Not that anyone cares, but I actually liked the guy they got to play Luffy. But yeah, every one else sucked.

2. that arlong park website you suggested was a bunch of fanboys they agree with everything...all the voices suck...luffy's laugh gets on my last nerve i want to impale my tv...the change of zoros name makes no difference the japanese pronounce it "zolo" anyways.

yeah kuina cant train anymore...for a long, long, time.

i recommend to stay with fansubs.

BTW, TrialSword...Kuwabara rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

3. Quote Originally Posted by TrialSword
    Sanji's dub sounds like Snagglepuss. What. the. Fuck.
    No he doesn't. He sounds like a new york bus driver. If he sounded like Snagglepuss, we would be saying that he sounds awesome. Because Snagglepuss sounded sweet! Too bad someone already said his catch-phrase, now I can't

All the voices are all wrong though. I don't see why it's so hard to attempt to find a VA with a similar vocal tone to the original.

And PLEASE, no more funny accents or nasal sounding athsmatic bullshit.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Do You Like Erotic?
    No he doesn't. He sounds like a new york bus driver. If he sounded like Snagglepuss, we would be saying that he sounds awesome. Because Snagglepuss sounded sweet! Too bad someone already said his catch-phrase, now I can't

All the voices are all wrong though. I don't see why it's so hard to attempt to find a VA with a similar vocal tone to the original.

And PLEASE, no more funny accents or nasal sounding athsmatic bullshit.
    When Sanji was slobbering over Nami he sounded a lot like 'ol puss.

And every voice sucks except maybe for "Zolo."

5. I hated "Zolo" especially, but it's only on a personal level. You see, there's nothing particularly wrong with Zolo's voice, it's just that his VA probably should have been the guy they casted for Sanji. Roronoa Zorro in the Jap version sounded like a rugged, fucking, bad-ass (he was also the same guy who VAed Mugen in Samurai Champloo). This one sounds more like a dashing hero. I think that they should have gotten someone more gritty. Like Steven Blum or Cam Clark.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Do You Like Erotic?
    I hated "Zolo" especially, but it's only on a personal level. You see, there's nothing particularly wrong with Zolo's voice, it's just that his VA probably should have been the guy they casted for Sanji. Roronoa Zorro in the Jap version sounded like a rugged, fucking, bad-ass (he was also the same guy who VAed Mugen in Samurai Champloo). This one sounds more like a dashing hero. I think that they should have gotten someone more gritty. Like Steven Blum or Cam Clark.
    Blum is so overdone, though. You can't watch a Geneon anime without him taking the very role you described. I would actually prefer Crispin Freeman for Zoro using his more withdrawn, deep voice (a la Last Exile.)

OMG do i so hate the OP 4kids show..its so horrid..all the voices suck.the Intro theme song SO does not fit the show. I watched one ep and i never watched it again. Zorro sounds like a idiot,Luffy sounds like a 13 year old going through puberty,and Usopp sounds like a retarded clown.
    Thank god for the manga.the SJ book are already in Arlong Park.
    But a silver lining is Funimation picked up Naruto so there is some hope for that one. The manga for Naruto is at the start of the Chunin fights. I can't wait

JBNagis

8. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis
    OMG do i so hate the OP 4kids show..its so horrid..all the voices suck.the Intro theme song SO does not fit the show. I watched one ep and i never watched it again. Zorro sounds like a idiot,Luffy sounds like a 13 year old going through puberty,and Usopp sounds like a retarded clown.
    But a silver lining is Funimation picked up Naruto so there is some hope for that one. The manga for Naruto is at the start of the Chunin fights. I can't wait

JBNagis
    Funimation did not pick up Naruto. ShoPro got it, which is a branch of Viz.

9. Holy shit, that Super soaker edit is real. I thought it was just a joke from the VG Cats comic strip. Can't say I don't understand why they did it, but then again 4kids can't say they don't understand why anime fans won't buy the OP dvds.

10. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis

JBNagis
    umm... the naruto manga is way past that you can get it at www.narutocenter.com they have all the old chapters all the way to the infamous part 2 and if your not into downloading you can read it on their site they have translated galleries for all the chapters.
    No need to thank me just pay it forward.
    (crappy family guy quote.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.