Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece lisenced by 4Kids

1. I can understand chopping off the Apis arc since it's just filler, but Little Garden? Thank god there's Kaizoku-Fansubs to provide me with One Piece!

2. i dont even count on dubbed anime if i see a dubbed anime im interested in i get the subs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

I don't even understand how they're gonna get around all the blood and violence that's on the way.

Why do they even try? It's retarded.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. because little kids are easy to pursuade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

5. Guys, keep an eye out for the One Piece OVA. It must've been fansubbed just recently.
    From Wiki:
    Early OVA

In 1998, OVAs for three manga serialized in Weekly Jump (including One Piece) were produced for the July "Jump Super Anime Tour". Called "Defeat Him! The Pirate Ganzack", this one-episode OVA featured an original villain designed by Eiichiro Oda (the titular Ganzack). Notably, the animation for the OVA was handled by the renowned Production I.G., and the voice cast was completely different from the later TV series, both of which lend a different feel to this production. Wataru Takagi (this OVA's Zolo) would later return to the Toei Animation-produced TV series to voice the pirate captain Bellamy "the Hyena".

This OVA was originally shown only at the 1998 Jump Super Anime Tour; however, there was a Jump-exlusive promotion in early 1999, where fans could send in special coupons from the magazine and redeem them for a VHS copy. [1]. Later, a novelization of the OVA, by Tatsuya Hamazaki, would be published under Shueisha's Jump jBooks imprint. [2].
    It's funny seeing the show in a COMPLETELY different style (tertiary characters look like normal anime characters and everything is much more heavily shaded) with different voice actors.

6. Has 4kids done *any* decent jobs on anime they've licensed? I haven't seen any evidence toward that conclusion, so I don't see why this one would have been any different.

It's good that some of the fansubbers didn't give up; such incompetence must not be tolerated!

7. No, they haven't.

...and, honestly, I wouldn't have any problem with the release at all if we'd get uncut DVDs. Seriously. I'm not saying I won't buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by CommonCents
    Has 4kids done *any* decent jobs on anime they've licensed? I haven't seen any evidence toward that conclusion, so I don't see why this one would have been any different.
    Nope. They haven't. I've seen their work with One Piece, and let me say, it isn't pretty.

With all of the edits they made, even for a "cash cow", it's not even worth the trouble.
    Last edited by Fighter-X; 16 Sep 2005 at 03:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

9. Last night's One Piece episode got the Sailor Moon "Day of Destiny" treatment - they merged 2 episodes into one.
    Say you like it/Say you need it/When you don't
    Looking better/Shining brighter/Than you do

10. Everyone check this out: http://manylemons.co.uk/Sail_On.shtml

It's a really damn good One Piece AMV called "Sail On"