Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5789

Thread: One Piece lisenced by 4Kids

Man, I've only seen this show unedited and I swear to god, it's the best damn thing ever to come out of Jump, and if they did anything to change my favorite "bad guy", Smoker (They must have really ruined him), in the edited version...well, there's not much I can do about it. It funny though, I'm pretty sure if I saw the Japanese openings and endings when I was a young and openminded youth, I probably would have really liked them, because they're really catchy, like the One Piece Theme and "Believe in Wonderland". Do you think maybe even if they wanted to they wanted to they couldn't play the openings due to musical licencing issues? That seems unlikely because when you buy a show you should have the rights to the whole show, but that also makes me wonder if the Japanese parent company in this case knows how different it is.

Whats also important to remember is that sometimes the original Japanese company forces these changes and not the the American one, because Japanese companys have done this in the past, even when the American publishers tell them its a mistake. Though thats probably not the case with 4kids, after all, they have fucked alot of shit up, and their name is, y'know,
    4kids. Still, I can't say the whole One Piece thing is as sad as the Escaflowne/Fox show, because as good as OP is, in the end it really another Jump formula money maker, even if it is the most creative and inspired one. Escaflowne could have really exposed people who might not usually get to see that kind of show.
    Last edited by Ki-Sama; 10 Nov 2006 at 06:58 PM.
    The only thing I believe in is burning passion.