Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece lisenced by 4Kids

1. One Piece lisenced by 4Kids

http://www.fanta.dk/news.asp?nid=8A6...E-A7933DD4231C

In all seriousness, this really sucks. I really wanted this to be picked up and treated seriously. Though, 4Kids did change Hollywood MewMew back to Tokyo MewMew... maybe there's hope after all...

2. Kaizoku is going to continue fansubbing. If they ever stop, someone else is going to pick it back up. I don't see this as the crushing blow that a lot of OP fans do, but then again, I'm not insane, either.

I was really hoping Funimation got it, honestly, they're capable of doing great work when they try and don't mess with stuff. I'm not expecting 4kids to do the same anytime soon, but hey, you never know.

Licensed stuff like Gunslinger Girl, Full Metal Alchemist, and Chrno Crusade are easy enough to find still. Considering OP is subbed up to 97 and the series goes way higher, it might be harder to track down ALL of it, but if somebody wants OP badly enough, this announcement isn't a big problem, just... a bit of a drag, is all.

3. *rare appearance in Anime boards*

Just so long as they do unedited subtitled DVDs I've got no problem. I'm guessing the odds are kind of low?

*gone again*

James

4. If they do unedited DVDs with a Japanese language track, and more than 3 episodes per disc... I have no gripes. Otherwise... serious anger.

This show is one of my favorites, I'd hate to see 4Kids completely ruin it. When Sanji is smoking a toothpick on FoxBox... and every bloody scene is cut... that'll be sad.

5. Well, I started watching this last week on Cartoon Network and really enjoy it although I have never had any experience with the manga or fansubs of the series.

It features one uh, vomit-worthy, trippin' hip hop rap piece in the opening which is my only main gripe so far. But again, I have no idea what they have censored, enlighten me so I have some incentive to buy the manga.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 07 May 2005 at 11:05 PM.

6. that theme song made me really angry. and the voice actors...but i didn't watch it long enough to see anything that was censored. If i did, I'd have an ulcer.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    Well, I started watching this last week on Cartoon Network and really enjoy it although I have never had any experience with the manga or fansubs of the series.

It features one uh, vomit-worthy, trippin' hip hop rap piece in the opening which is my only main gripe so far. But again, I have no idea what they have censored, enlighten me so I have some incentive to buy the manga.

That about sums it up.

One Piece is awesome. There EVENTUALLY will be uncensored DVDs. Don't wait, fansub today!

The One Piece manga is so good.

So good.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

9. Do scantranslations or Shonen Jump tell you this?