Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Segal and Van Damme Movies!

Segal and Van Damme Movies!

I have seen most of Steven Segal's and Jean Claude Van Damme's Movies. While neither of them will win any Academy Awards I still think there fun to watch.

I really liked Hard to Kill and Under Siege 2 which I saw numerous times.

I liked Hard Target and Kickboxer.

Too bad now their Movies go straight to DVD/Video and not to the big screen.

What are you favorites?

Korian

2. my fav van damme movies:

cyborg
    bloodsport
    kick boxer

fav steven segal movies:

underseige

segal is certainly the best damn fighting chef this world has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

Originally posted by Klonoa
    my fav van damme movies:

cyborg
    bloodsport
    kick boxer

fav steven segal movies:

underseige

segal is certainly the best damn fighting chef this world has ever seen.
    Part 1 or 2? I still kinda prefer 2.

Korian

4. Originally posted by Korian

Part 1 or 2? I still kinda prefer 2.

Korian
    Part 1.

Tommy Lee Jones is scary as shit. Plus it had the playboy playmate jumping out of the cake.

Carrier > Train, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

Yeah but part 2 had Katherine Heigel playing the niece.

Korian

6. I was a Van Damme whore as a little one. I still make it a point to see all his new movies even Desert Heat, which is easily his worst film. Even for a Van Damme film it's pretty bad. I haven't seen Replicant yet and really enjoyed Legionnaire.

7. Replicant is fucking stupid but it had 3 stunts in there which were the best I'd seen all year. Laughed my ass off with my friends, the first two are right at the beginning and involve a car, the last one is towards the end and involves an ambulance. The movie is ridiculously stupid, rent it to know what I mean. If everyone could learn like that we'd all be super humans. Oh and the choreagraphy sucks, big time... just like it did in the Order which is the worse movie he's done so far, avoid at all cost.

My favorite movie of his has to be bloodsport.

As for Steven I liked the first Under Siege better.

D

8. Well, I can answer your questions and then some Until Nash shows up, and declares his love for Van Damm

Anyway, How CAN you like Under Siege 2????? That movie was really piece of crap!!! Oh, Well, It might be my only opinion, but that was one of most awful films I seen. It had good fx and explosions(well soem of them, but other looked extremely faky, especially train crash at the end), but Seagal was bad, acting was bad, I hated the ported character with a vegeance.

Ok, Back to the topic now.

Best Van Damm films are:

Hard Target - Best Van Damm action Film. John Woo did great job on it, action is excellent(but for higher impact see Uncut version, with all violence and action intact). Battle at the factory at the end, is one of the BEST action sequences EVER appear in US made film. Lance Henriksen did great job as the villian, and so did Arnold Vasloo. Do yourself a favor and get director's version, to really experience this film. It kicks ass the official version.

Double Team - Silly but visually great action film by Tsui Hark. Great direction, colors, cool visual tricks, great action scenes, and lots of humor. One of my favorite movies ever, but pretty much everyone else hates it

Knock Off - US film made in HK, with HK style. Again Tsui Hark does a very cool job, even more visual tricks are used, and I liked duo of Van Damm and Rob Shneider. Once again the story is not worth talking about, but action is excellent.

Now for Steven Seagal turn:

Exit Wounds: Sure many of you hated it, but I thought it was one of his best. Action was almost non stop, there were alot of humor, and he even laughed at himself,(where he got stuck in the chair ). Story wasnt that good, and DMX acting wasnt either, but action scenes mre than made up for it. Plus it was interesting to see Seagal doing wire tricks

Under Siege (1st One) Very good action film. Seagal is tough and deadly, and so are the villians. Carrier is a great place to set the stage for action, and it did it much better than its sequel.

Marked for Death - ANother very good Seagal film. I liked the action in it, story wasnt as bad as in his other films, and it also had a tough villian for him to fight.

9. despair, you know it.

van damme is the man! best action hero in the western world! my favorite action hero of all time.

movies with maximum van dammage...

hard target

van damme's best movie (not to mention john woo's best american film). i think it's a lot better than face/off, due to better action scenes, pacing, and sheer coolness factor. you think nic cage vs. john travolta is cool? hell no! van damme vs. arnold vosloo (playing someone with a cool name: van cleaf) is cool. i agree with despair, the mardi graus graveyard action scene is the best ever. and the face off between van damme and vosloo is the best one-on-one baretta hand-gun fight ever. you haven't seen vintage van damme ass kicking til you see this movie. "hunting season... is over."

universal soldier: the return

i'm probably in the minority on this one (even among van damme fans). yeah, the story ain't that great, but i don't see a van damme movie for story (or acting for that matter). i think it's got van damme's best fight ever against michael jai white. you wanna see van damme do hk style fight? watch the last fight in this movie. fast, furious, and van damme whips out all the moves --- his famous spin kick, reverse somersault kick, off-the-wall forward spin kick, etc. goldberg was a good touch to the movie as well.
    "are you saying that my destruction is worth more to you than your daughter's life?"
    "fuck you!"

other ones i really like but can't rank...

double team - yes, great colors, camera work, and action. rehab scene with van damme is way cool.
    knock off - quick pace hk style movie. chariot race scene was excellent. i also really liked the fight against the knife-wielding guys and the last boat scene.
    bloodsport - who could forget bloodsport? classic van dammage.
    kickboxer - pretty similar to bloodsport, but that's what makes it cool. van damme training is mad dope.

as for steven seagal...

under siege

the first siegal movie that made me actually like seagal. i really like the "die hard" feel of the movie. the whole premise about siegal playing a cook who kicks ass is cool.

exit wounds

pretty good action (even though siegal looks a bit out of shape). the only thing that ruined this movie for me was dmx. michael jai white was pretty cool, though.

while i enjoy seagal movies, they usually don't have the bang (or as i like to call it, van dammage) that other action movies have (with the exception of the ones i picked).

TimeCop was my least favorite Van Damme flick. Did you guys see Surviving the Game with Ice-T? it's sorta like Hard Target though not nearly as good.

Korian