Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Akira Kurosawa's Samurai 7

1. Akira Kurosawa's Samurai 7

Based off of Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai, it looks to be set in the distant future where wars are fought in giant robots which are piloted by samurai ...

Sorry, I couldn't find a better synopsis.

Anyway, seems promising ... check out the trailer on anbu's site for more information. The raws are already circulating so I assume we will see more of this series soon.

Official Site

anbu & akeep's Samurai 7 Site

2. Why?
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

3. Yeah I just watched this and... W.T.F! This looks like suck, and it feels like exploitation. Does that ungrateful bastard of a son of his have anything to do with this?

4. Between this and the new video game, why the fuck do people think we need a futuristic Seven Samurai? Is pissing on Kurosawa the hip thing to do now?

...I don't get it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Grave
    Is pissing on Kurosawa the hip thing to do now?
    Yeah, they are rolling over Kurosawa's skeleton and aiming for penetration.

What's next? RAN the 'bishoujo series' in which Queen Hidetoraki breaks up her wardobe of fabulously cute clothing between her daughters: Taroki, Jiroda, and Saburoki; resulting in epic samurai pillow fights.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

6. Kurosawa is dead dude, dead people dont get pissed off.

They should make a game like deja vu based on Stray Dog, that would be bad ass.

Edit, I should have read the last post.
    I knew he was a commie, cause he didn't drink [duff] beer.

7. Alot of samurai flicks are getting remakes. Yojimbo, samurai 7 and some others...its like samurai season right now. They even got a ton of new samurai series coming out too.

8. What's next? RAN the 'bishoujo series' in which Queen Hidetoraki breaks up her wardobe of fabulously cute clothing between her daughters: Taroki, Jiroda, and Saburoki; resulting in epic samurai pillow fights.
    Id watch that.

9. Quote Originally Posted by NoboruWataya
    Kurosawa is dead dude, dead people dont get pissed off.
    Funny, the two letter difference between "pissing off" and "pissing on" is pretty substantial. And yes, I think even if they have the rights, this stuff ranges from uninspired to downright disrespectful. It seems, at least in my estimation, that most remakes and "re-imaginings" turn out this way.

10. Those assholse turned Toshiro Mifune into a robot!
    http://www.production-ig.co.jp/anime...es/canti04.gif
    The over imaginative Ninja's fought the rum filled pirates untill battle drew to a close.