Thread: Muzo talk!

1. Muzo talk!

Well, a great deal of the posters here play instruments, so I thought a thread like this would be cool. Talk about anything to do with your skillz, gear, or what ever.

I play bass. I have one of those OLP basses, which are actually good for the money, but still, nothing special at all. My amp is very nice for the size, a Gallien Krueger 400RB combo. Its got 2x10's with the ability to plug a 200 watt 15' into it, though currently, the 2 10's are mighty fine for what I'm doing.

This july, I'm gonna get a loan for around $4000 and buy a bunch of shit, including a rickenbacker 4003.

Its one of my dream basses, so I can't wait (my dream is a wal, though obtaining one in australia would be incredibly unlikely).

I've been mucking around on guitar on the side for a while now. I was gonna buy a mid range guitar last weekend, but i couldn't get to the shop. I was thinking maybe an ibanez or a cheap epiphone or something. Ultimately, I would love a gretsch.

they sound so damn nice...

now, a quick question, any idea how to get a guitar to sound like this wav (the high notes)? it sounds fucking awesome. All I know is that its some kind of lapsteel running through orange gear.

2. hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Music Discussion we go!

3. im learning sax.
    and im cheap. does anyone know good sites for free sheet music?

4. no.

It's pretty difficult to find anything good because of copyright laws. The most you're generally going to find is some excercises, solo transcriptions, and public domain classical.

5. If you're going to bother learning, play the bari sax. Alto is fucking annoying, and tenor, ....., just go for the bari sax, you can't go wrong.

6. Quote Originally Posted by renewed
    If you're going to bother learning, play the bari sax. Alto is fucking annoying, and tenor, ....., just go for the bari sax, you can't go wrong.
    bari sax is cool and all, but alto and annoying? wtf is wrong with you? besides, generally people don't have a spare 3,000 dollars for an entry level instrument.