Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PStwo

Johnny Guest

PStwo

Say a few years down the road Sony decided to redesign the system, what would you like to see?

First, I'd love to see the casing reflect PSone's, only black in colour. If the HDD takes off this won't work, but let's just say it won't for sake of argument.

Onto the insides, I would like to see PSone games take advantage of the hardware more. Displaying games at 640x480 with every graphical trick in the book, all locked at 60FPS. Think Bleemcast without the disk. The DVD player would be more compatible and feature Progressive Scan. Ontop of that, colours and whatnot will also be greatly improved. And finally, although it's never going to happen, it would be nice to play any region movie or game without hassle.

Can you add anything?

The unfortunate thing is that your "insides" idea won't happen unless Sony goes and reprograms all of the games. Even with the improvement algorithms they had, it didn't work with 100% of the titles... so trying to get more creative with tricks like that would make the compatibility rate drop even more.

Basically all I'd really think of right off the bat would be to redesign the thing to not have a slide-tray for the CDs; just make it a flip-top... oh and possibly curving some plastic on the inside so that it doesn't absorb as much dust as it seems to do now.

3. Four controller ports.

Buy a Multitap.
    The PS2 has had 2 ports for 3 years now. Time to get over it.

Andy787 Guest
    I'd get rid of the stupid ass system turn off/reset/power system. Hold top button to turn on, tap to restart (and restarting to the game's main menu, not the damn Sony start-up portal crap). Tap bottom button to eject (and give the thing a splash screen like Xbox or make the game pause like Gamecube). Yes, I'm impacient.

6. Originally posted by dog$
    Buy a Multitap.
    The PS2 has had 2 ports for 3 years now. Time to get over it.
    this is just a fantasy thread. In my fantasy, PSTwo would have 4 ports like everyone else. Don't agree, then too frikkin' bad

7. Never understand importance of 4 controller ports?? Never used them, and I dont think ever will. Most games dont offer more than 2 characters to play anyway, and for select few, you can always get that multytap thing. I understand the need for 4 ports on Cube, since Nintendo always have some party games on its system, but how many games like that do you actually know on PS2?

8. Well, there's a reason you see 4 player games on the Cube and not on the PS2. It's because the PS2 doesn't support 4 player out of the box! The developers don't support it because the hardware doesn't support it. I'm sorry, 2 ports is unnacceptable. Hey, I do 90% of my playing solo, and I still can see how wrong 2 ports is. Bad Sony! Make good hardware, damnit. Oh, give the PS Two VGA also so we can play 480p games (all 1 of them) with pristine detail.

9. If you want real four-player action, play DC, N64, or GC. PS2(like the PS1) is mostly solitary.

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    well ive heard "reports" that SONY wants to outright buy Connectix (for their Virtual Game Station PSOne emulator) to liscense for use on the Xbox. sounds like a NO WAY NEVER GONNA HAPPEN situation but SONY could get money off every piece of software sold and then make more profit off the games. what this means i dunno but they could tweak the emu (since they could use their own code legally) to run in Bleem-like quality and then incorporate it into "other things". of course take everything with a TRUCKLOAD of salt.