Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skies of Arcadia Legends 20 bucks at GameStop

1. Skies of Arcadia Legends 20 bucks at GameStop

Anyone that's never played this game go pick it up, it's the greatest RPG ever created in a lot of people's opinions including my own (or at least tied with Paper Mario).

2. It's good, but FFVII and PSIV are better

3. Is this a sale, or a new standard price? If it is a sale, how long does it last?
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

4. It's been like that for a few months now, actually. I'm pretty sure it's standard price for them, although EB still sells it at $50 when they've got it. I'd say if you've got any interest in it, jump now. Supplies can't last forever.

James

5. Yeah, and the guys at EB got all uppity when I asked them if $49 used was the right price, saying I'd never find a new copy of it... I almost came back after I bought it from Gamestop new for $20. Then I realized if I was working there, I wouldn't care.

6. Chux I had heard the same thing awhile back when I asked about Greatest Hits versions of FF Chronicles, and they told me "there's no such thing, I guess your info was wrong".

Kind of funny how I found it at Best Buy 5 minutes later.

And this is a reprint of SoA, since Sega saw how high in demand it was, and apparently the remake is only going through Gamestop. Either that, or GS found a ton of copies in the warehouse and just want to get rid of them.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

7. It's fun when it works out that way.

8. The significant question isn't if the game is purchase-worth to newcomers, but rather if it's purchase-worthy to veterans of the Dreamcast version. In my brief experience with it, the sound is worse on the Cube version and I didn't see any new content. From what I've read there's new bounty ship battles and the VMU minigame is gone.

9. it's been 20 bucks at Gamestop, Frys, best buy and every where for like two or three months now.

This isn't new news.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy
    the VMU minigame is gone.
    they should have done the obvious thing and made it playable on a GBA hooked up to the cube, with imporved graphics of course. It would have been almost exaclty the same idea as playing it on the VMU.

10. From what I've heard, there is a lot of new stuff in the GC version.

All I know is, form what I'm told, random battles are greatly reduced in the GC version. I got to the point where I couldn't play the DC version anymore because of all of the random battles, but I really enjoyed the game otherwise. So, if this gives me the chance to finally play the game and enjoy it, great.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.