Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: icarusfall = bad trader?

1. icarusfall = bad trader?

On 5/9 icarusfall created this post in the Trade Depot: The last of the SNES goods.

I responded that day and confirmed the sale on 5/10 with him...

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall
    Done deal.

Paypal ID is icarusfall13@yahoo.com or you can send a Money Order. Let me know if you need the address for the MO.

Thanks,
    -Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by shmup-o
    $70 shipped for all 4 carts?

Breath of Fire I & II
    Dracula X
    Final Fantasy III

LMK
    Andy
    Sent another PM around 5/25..

Hey,

I'm really sorry for the delay, there have been some fairly serious family issues. Everything will be sent out by Friday at the absolute latest. Again, my apologies.

Take care,
    -Aaron

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shmup-o
    Aaron,

Just curious when/if you shipped this out so I can start checking the PO Box...

Thanks!
    Andy
    Sent another PM around 6/10 (PayPal time running out) and submitted my PayPal complaint when I didn't hear from him. Sent another PM last week to see if he would even respond, but he didn't even look at it (Read reciept) even though he's been on the board.

He didn't respond to the PayPal investigation so I won, but he didn't have sufficient funds so I'm out there as well.

I would really love to work this out, either getting my money back or the goods as promised, but right now I have to say no one should be doing business with this guy...

Icarus, if you're reading this, please contact me... I'd love to follow-up with this thread and let everyone know the situation has been resolved.

2. Hmmm...I've dealt with icarusfall in the past and hadn't had a problem. Though during my transaction and other past inquiries, it did seem that he is a man of minimal communication. Hope you get everything worked out.

3. I had no problems with him, and the communication wasn't annoyingly lacking or anything such. Hm..

4. I'll keep an eye on this thread. Hopefully everything will work out. If not, I'll move it to the Scammer Resource thread.

Icarus seems like a straight-up fella. I hope it's just a misunderstanding.

5. Bought Rakugaki Showtime off of Icarus and he was the one who was patient with me, so I have to vouch for the guy. He's a good boy.

icarus is a good guy, I know him irl.

I'll check up on this.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. Thanks Mzo, I appreciate it. I PM'd him before the forum switch over and after, hoping that his PM box was full before, but again no luck.

I keep seeing him post every day (he's posted twice today already), but I never get a PM.

8. Not trying to defend the guy, but PMs on a message board are a crap way to do deals. ALWAYS get an e-mail address and do it that way. It is very, very easy to forget to look at PMs - I almost always forget, so when people PM me trying to make an offer for whatever, I can come off seeming like an ass because I might not see it for a long time. I always beg people to not send me PMs, but they still don't listen.

So, I'm just saying that maybe he isn't ignoring your PMs, maybe he is just the type who always forgets to check them.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

9. I bought Chrono Trigger, Metal Warriors and Super Mario RPG from Icarusfall, eveything was perfect.

No problems.

10. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    Not trying to defend the guy, but PMs on a message board are a crap way to do deals. ALWAYS get an e-mail address and do it that way. It is very, very easy to forget to look at PMs - I almost always forget, so when people PM me trying to make an offer for whatever, I can come off seeming like an ass because I might not see it for a long time. I always beg people to not send me PMs, but they still don't listen.

So, I'm just saying that maybe he isn't ignoring your PMs, maybe he is just the type who always forgets to check them.
    You ask people not to send PMs, he didn't. I clear my cookies all the time (paranoid) so I always need to login to check my PMs, so I only end up doing so once or twice a week. But I haven't heard from him since the end of June, so you're telling me he's logging on to post and never notices the little blurb which says "You have XX unread Private Messages"?

This whole thing is very frustrating. I hate getting dicked over.

Edit: By end of June I meant end of May