Page 1 of 25 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Awesome new Genesis site is up

1. Mega Drive Awesome new Genesis site is up

It's done! After weeks of work, Sega-16 is finally up!

Thanks to Lhadatt for noobing me through the upload process and helping me out so much!
    Last edited by Melf; 08 Jul 2004 at 02:55 PM.

I'll read more of the stuff later but skimming through it, it does look awesome. It's easy to navigate too.

3. Great work Melf, you're just getting into website design right? It's not the flashiest of sites, but that just means it's not crammed with a bunch of useless junk. You've got quite a bit of content so far, I can only imagine what it'll be like a year from now. Good job overall.

4. I like it, I got a little lost as to some of the point at first, and the lack of overall lists when you're alphabetized sections contain 1-10 games each, is a bit discouraging. But as you said, it's all on you and in time I'm sure you'll have on kick ass site.

Still, it is sexy in its simplicity.

5. excellent work, melf. i love reading reviews of old games.. speaking of which, it would rock if you would add a link to have all of the reviews linked on a single page, so that you don't have to click each individual letter if you're just poking around.

edit: dammit thief, you stole my idea.)

6. Ugh this reminds me of school, I can't wait to get back to the vocational school and work on my E-Commerce site in Asp.net, coding = fun.

I assume you did this in HTML, judging by the .htm good work just looking through it some more, enjoying it's flavor.

I'm just gonna go ahead and do some critiquing and see whether or not people agree with my ideas.

I like the home page in which I cannot seem to find many problems, or any in fact that really bother me... except...

Genesis, Sonic, Nomad, and all game characters ©Sega and their respective companies.
    This is a really idiotic nit pick but for some reason it annoys me, you have Genesis, and nomad whcih are two consoles, but you also throw in sonic which has nothing to do with the other two than being Sega's mascott esk thing. Wouldn't it just be more effecient say all characters are copy right of sega without the first three specifics?

On the "My Stuff" page... those are the things you need to get right? So Calling it My Stuff is misleading (When I loaded the page I expected to see a huge list of your sega stuff, and only saw that dinky little thing, leaving my befuddled.)

Also... is that really all you need to have a COMPLETE collection? If so You're my hero. Even so to have collected so much Sega gear is quite impressive.

As Epmode and myself added it would be great to have a complete listing upon clicking on the Reviews page (and the listing for the 32x and CD) or at least a way to see the entire list (The messages at the first page actually do a fine job sitting there so I would say leave those there giving people and idea of your thoughts about the selected console).

Another inconsistancy I noticed is when you select reviews, the letters of the alphabet your lack links for are present, but for the Master Listings, they are omitted. I'd suggest going with the way the reviews are set up.

Originally when I saw the "Home" button at the bottom of the links page, I thought it was kind of pointless. But I realize that since you'll most likely have to scroll down it's actually a GREAT way to do it, so no complaints on the last two pages.

Hope my nitpicking was ok and informative, and anything I said that may be idiotic please do comment as I intend to incorporate some of the ideas into my E-Commerce site.

7. Nice job Melf. I like the simple design. It's easy to find stuff and loads fast on my dialup line.

If I can provide you with any content, let me know and I'll do my best to help out.

8. Very nice.

Very easy to browse and pretty good reviews. I like it so far.

9. Harrison Ford was Rick Deckard in Blade Runner.

10. Like I said before, it looks like a site from 1998 but that's not necessarilly horrible. It's actually quite good for a first site and if you were to rework it with some CSS and spiff it up a bit more when you learn more it would be awesome (yes, it is possible to spiff up a site but still keep it fast-loading).

In any case, you got farther than I did when I tried to make a 16-bit tribute site (back in, umm... 1998 or 1999), so... thumbs up or whatever.