Thread: Any good free XP themes?

1. Raspberry Any good free XP themes?

The computers at work got upgraded to XP today, and I'd like to see if there are any good themes that I could put onto it. (I never liked the old Windows theme, and the XP theme feels too PlaySkool to me.)

Only thing is, I'm not sure that I can install any pieces of software that allow for running themes. I know that XP has built-in themes, but when I go to get more themes, it just takes me to MS's site to buy an upgrade pack.

Are there any good, free themes out there that you can get that work off of just the general, Windows-level theme functions?
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. Unfortanetly I dont know of any free themes that work with the windows theme stuff.

the only thing I know of is Style XP which you can download themes for which is what i use and use one of the longhorn themes.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. You'll need to find the hacked uxtheme.dll file. Once you replace the original file with the hacked version, you can go to themexp.org and use any theme you like.

4. 1) I think the uxtheme.dll hack only works with original release XP. If you're using FCKGW Windows XP, it'll work because you can never install Service Pack 1.

2) Most themes these days work with Style XP and Style XP supposedly works fine.

If you don't like either option, though, you'll have to stick with customizing the "Classic" look.

5. Nope, I'm using SP1 and the hacked file works fine.

6. It isn't that I don't like the idea of installing a hack, it is that I'm not sure I actually CAN. Some of the things on our accounts are locked down, so I'm think that I won't be able to do that.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Spike
    Nope, I'm using SP1 and the hacked file works fine.
    I am apparently a moron.

Thanks for the info, I'll have to try it again. It's a bitch to install that file, though. Hehe.

8. You have to get to DOS.

Restart the system, and press F8 before the WinXP bootup screen appears, then select the DOS safe-mode option.

Rename the C: \windows\system32\uxtheme.dll to uxtheme.dll.old

Copy the hacked uxtheme.dll to C: \windows\system32\ and reboot.